New Child Sponsorship Amount Goes Into Effect October 1, 2022
A Little Goes a Long Way
Providing quality, holistic ministry programs for our students, their families and the communities we serve is an essential part of our mission. And, as a child sponsor, we know you’re passionate about it as well.
Why An Increase?
MOHI’s last child sponsorship payment increase was over ten years ago. Since that time, economic changes and increasing costs of basic goods in Kenya have strained our ability to maintain the quality of our programs.
As a result, to help us hold firm to our commitment, and ensure we provide quality, holistic care to students in our program, we are increasing the child sponsorship commitment to $40/month for all new, primary school, child sponsorships beginning on October 1st, 2022.
How Can I Help?
As a current sponsor, we encourage you to opt into the increased sponsorship commitment amount of $40/month. While this is not required for you to continue your current child sponsorship, your decision to opt in will make a big impact.
Yes! Opt me into the $40/month sponsorship commitment today.
Opt in Today!
Yes! I want to help by increasing my child sponsorship support to $40/month per child.
If I currently sponsor a child, do I have to opt in?
- No. The payment increase will roll out for participating sponsors through an opt-in-only process. However, the increase will be effective for all NEW child sponsorships beginning on October 1st, 2022.
Why is there an increase?
- Our updated amount of $40/month is an impact of our commitment to the families and communities MOHI serves, so we can continually provide the same quality of care to our students, their families, and our communities.
Does the increase affect high school or boarding school students?
- No. Child sponsorships for high school and boarding school students will remain at $70/month.
How do I opt in?
- Opting in is simple. Just visit this link, fill out the form and submit.
After opting in, do I need to do anything?
- If you pay for your child sponsorship by check, bill pay or through a foundation, you will need to update your payment information to reflect the new amount of $40/month.
- If you pay for your child sponsorship by credit card or EFT, all you have to do is opt in. We will automatically change your billing amount to reflect the new amount of $40/month.
If I opt in, when will I see my first $40 payment?
- If you opt in and you currently pay for your child sponsorship by credit card or EFT, you will see the first increase on, or after, October 1st, 2022.
- If you opt in and you currently pay for your child sponsorship by check, bill pay or through a foundation, you will need to update your payment information to reflect the new amount of $40/month.
What if I still have questions?
- Please contact our office at 1-844-568-6644 so we can assist you.
Ready to Opt In?
Yes! I want to help MOHI continue to provide quality care to children and their families in disadvantaged communities.