Turkana High School
Term 2, 2022
Receive greetings in the blessed name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! We thank God for your support and partnership that has enabled us to come to the end of another school term. Here are the highlights we want to share with you.
Headteacher, Turkana High School
Total Enrolled: 308 students
Total Unsponsored: 88 students
Sponsor a Child at Turkana High School
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Viola is a grade 10 student at Turkana High School. She is the last of five children and they live with their parents in a village within Turkana county.
While Viola’s parents did not get the chance to go to school, they value education and are very committed to ensuring that their children go to school. Viola is their only daughter and they have always supported her quest for education. The mother is born again and is very dedicated to serving God.
Once Viola was recruited and joined our school, she immediately proved to be a committed student. She immersed herself in all school activities and she stayed focused on her education. She also gave her life to Christ and she has been teaching others about the word of God.
Last year was, however, not good for Viola. She became pregnant and she ended up being so demoralized. She did not expect this to happen to her. The social worker stepped in to walk with her through mentorship and counseling. Her parents have also been so supportive to ensure that she is fine despite what happened. Viola gave birth to her baby girl in November last year and she has been away from school as she nursed and took care of her baby.
When the term started this April, we were so happy to see Viola come back ready and even more determined to learn. Her parents are happy that their daughter has resumed her studies and hope has been restored to a girl who lost hope when she got pregnant.
Viola has done well in her academic work all through this term and we give glory to God that she is determined to make her dreams come true.
- Our pioneer grade 12 class of 68 students have been duly registered for the national exam that will be done in December 2022.
- We were pleased to receive 41 boys and 32 girls as grade nine students. They are settling into high school well.
- MOHI’s Church Planting Coordinator presided over the baptism of 19 students and he also ministered during the June 19th Sunday service where 37 students accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Julie Stubblefield of Rocky Mountain Christian Church visited our school accompanied by MOHI’s Executive Director. They toured the school, watched different presentations held by the students and planted trees outside the school administration building.
- Pray that our 88 unsponsored students will receive sponsorship.
- Pray for provision of funds so that we can have our science labs constructed and equipped in readiness for the grade 12 national exams. We are also praying to have additional classrooms built.
- Pray for peace to prevail in our country, Kenya as we draw closer to the August 9th general election.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: