Turkana High School
Term 1, 2022
We thank God for your support and partnership that has enabled us to come to the end of another school term. We look forward to the coming school term for the long-awaited moment when our school will be complete i.e. having students in all the classes – grade nine to grade 12.
Headteacher, Turkana High School
Total Enrolled: 243 students
Total Unsponsored: 71 students
Sponsor a Child at Turkana High School
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Kennedy is a grade 10 student at Turkana High School. He is an alumnus of the Napuu center which he joined in 2013 as a grade three student.
Due to peer pressure, Kennedy had started smoking marijuana and taking alcohol. As a result, when he joined our high school, he was often sent home due to indiscipline. We were also praying for the boy that he would reconsider and change his ways.
The answer to our prayer came at a most unexpected time! It was at the heart of the Covid pandemic when the learning process was affected and schools closed for close to seven months. It was during this time of being away from physical class that had an impact on Kennedy. We believe it was an answer to our prayers that led the young man to change his ways. We were pleasantly surprised when in January 2021, a new Kennedy reported back to school. Gone was the misbehaving young man and in his place was a student who was focused on his studies and cooperative with teachers and his fellow students.
On the sixth Saturday of this term, the Principal asked the students in their respective classes to identify the most transformed student among them. It came as no surprise to us that Kennedy’s classmates identified him as the most transformed and reformed student. Indeed his change has positively impacted the class’ learning environment.
We really thank God for the transformation witnessed in Kennedy’s life! All glory to His name.
- We thank God for His provision that has led to the ongoing construction of the boys’ dormitories.
- We have introduced new physical education activities to keep the students engaged and healthy. Every Saturday morning from 6 am to 7 am, they engage in cross country running as well as other physical exercises. We trust God for more games equipment so that during the next academic year we shall introduce other games apart from soccer and volleyball.
- We thank God for teaching staff retention this academic year and pray that the Lord will intervene as we search for more teachers due to the growth and development of the school.
- We thank God for our grade 11 class who have a positive attitude and are focused on improving their class mean grade. We appreciate their cooperation as well as from their parents/guardians.
- All our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions. All our students successfully sat for their end-of-term exams and will be moving on to the next grade. Glory be to God.
- Mountain Christian Church held a women’s conference that was well attended including by our female staff members. The team also ministered during our Sunday service where they shared from Psalms 1 and 139.
- A representative from Africa Fire Mission and firefighters from Lodwar municipality toured the school where they sensitized us on fire safety measures and also trained the School Safety Champions.
- We continue to trust God for the construction of additional classes, a laboratory, a library, and the girls’ dormitory.
- Pray for the health of our students who have been affected by the current heat as Lodwar experiences drought-like weather conditions.
- Pray for funds so that the school’s health clinic can be completed and equipped. This facility will be a blessing to staff, students, and the larger community.
- Pray for our students as they break for the long holiday, that they will stay safe and be in good health.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: