Turkana High School
Term 4, 2021
As a school, we can join the Psalmist and testify of the Lord watching over our going out and coming in and also of being our refuge and strength throughout the year. Amen! We thank God for your support and partnership that has enabled us to serve children, families, and communities in Turkana county in season and out of season. May God richly bless you!
Headteacher, Turkana High School
Total Enrolled: 243 students
Total Unsponsored: 71 students
Sponsor a Child at Turkana High School
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Samuel Kamar has been a leader since he was in primary school and he is currently chairman of the Christian Union (CU).
Samuel has benefited from continuous mentoring by the CU patron and the school Principal and this has seen him greatly influence the day-to-day operations of the school due to the great respect and esteem the student body has for him. He indeed has great potential for leadership and we are intentionally nurturing this gift.
When he lost his father in September this year, Samuel was greatly saddened by this loss. We as his school family rallied around him to offer him moral support and this gesture has helped the young man greatly. He is slowly coming back to himself and we applauded him after we watched him actively participate during a recent debate session in the school.
The school administration is indeed blessed to have a young man of this caliber in our midst and as we watch him continue to grow in his faith, we know that God has great things in store for him. Currently, Samuel plays a key role in ensuring that there is order among the boys during the Sunday service, Wednesday fellowship, the evening devotions and during many other events.
As we move to launch peer counseling in the coming school term, we will rely on students like Samuel who have proven to be good role models to reach out to their fellow students. By so doing, we are trusting God for transformation to be realized among all our students.
- We thank God for the timely mentorship program that took place at the beginning of the school term. The prayers and counsel offered by the team led by our CEO – Dr. Wallace Kamau, contributed to enhancing discipline and focus in our school.
- Throughout the year we have been praying, counseling, and working towards syllabus coverage to prepare our pioneer grade 12 class for the national exam set for March 2022. We will continue to equip them and we rejoiced as we witnessed an improvement during the joint mid-term exam for all MOHI high schools.
- MOHI Health department visited our school and held a special health talk and training on 6th November 2021.
- In order for us to nurture our learners holistically, we have integrated our programs with co-curriculum activities.
- This year our sports field was leveled thus with the delivery of sports equipment and facilities we will be able to add more sporting activities in 2022.
- The debating and journalism club has kept the school connected to the rest of the world.
- We also have been holding talent extravaganzas every last Monday of the month.
- Lynn Pottenger a missionary in Lodwar serving under CMF visited our school and donated library books on 7th December 2021.
- Pray for the Lord to make a way for completion of the boys dorm, construction of the girls’ dorm, construction of grade nine classes, and the science laboratory.
- Pray for our boys and girls to be empowered to say no to premarital sex, alcohol, drugs, and substance abuse.
- Pray that our parents/guardians will be intentional in closely monitoring their sons’ and daughters’ academic progress, general discipline, and welfare.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: