Term 2, 2022
Praise God! We are very thankful to God for His mercy upon us as the Pangani center fraternity. We thank God for your support and partnership that enables us to transform lives through the hope of Jesus Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Total Enrolled: 1052 students
Total Unsponsored: 216 students
Sponsor a Child at Pangani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Cecilia is a grade eight student at the Pangani center. When we see her in school, we rejoice because hers is really a story of transformation.
For the greater part of last term, Cecilia would not come to school. She had become very unruly and did not see the need for education. To make matters even worse, she eventually ran away from home and nobody knew where she was.
There were rumors that Cecilia was living with a man and the social worker started to look for her. With help from concerned community members, we were able to locate her. We immediately started engaging her in meaningful discussions, counseling and prayers to encourage her to come back to school. It was not an easy process and she was not cooperating, but this did not discourage us. We, however, did not relent in reaching out and praying that this young girl will make the right decision.
By the grace of God, Cecilia came back to her senses. She accepted to go back home and also to come back to school. When this term started, she reported to school and she has consistently been coming every day. Her academic performance has also improved so much that her class teacher reported that she is even performing better than many students who have been in school all through.
Cecilia is now a registered grade eight candidate waiting to sit for the national primary school exit exams slated for later this year.
We give all glory to God even as we see such a life, which the enemy had marked for destruction, now turned around. We believe the Lord will use Cecilia’s life as a tool to establish His purposes on the earth. We give all glory to Jesus.
- All our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we held a pupils motivation event as part of these activities.
- Our grade six pupils toured The Nairobi National Museum. This was an educational trip and the pupils got to learn about Kenya’s rich cultural heritage.
- We are so blessed to be able to host and interact with so many MOHI partners as they come through Pangani for their MOHI Orientation.
- At the end of the term, 13 visitors from Mountain Christian Church came to host a VBS. Our students enjoyed getting a passport and “visiting” various countries, including America, Brazil and Jamaica.
- Pray that our 216 unsponsored students will get sponsors.
- Pray for the continued success, good health and general well-being of all our students, their families and our staff members.
- Pray for peace to prevail in our country as we draw closer to the August 9th general election.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: