Term 3, 2021
We give glory to God for helping us complete this school term. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you. Thank you for the support you give us as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. You are a blessing to us and may the Lord bless you abundantly.
Total Enrolled: 1053 students
Total Unsponsored: 270 students
Sponsor a Child at Pangani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Stan is a 10-year-old grade four student at the Pangani center. He and his younger brother joined the MOHI program in 2020.
We got to know about Stan when his mother came to our school in 2019 while crying. She was referred to the social workers and she told us that she was a widow left with two children and harassed by her in-laws. She told us that after her husband’s passing, she was forced to seek accommodation from a friend after her in-laws made it a habit to come to their home and cause havoc. She did not have a job and she was not able to take her children to school. She learned about MOHI from someone and despite living very far from Pangani, she took it upon herself to trace the school.
We were not taking in any new students at the time and we placed her children on the waiting list. In the meantime, we carried out assessments to confirm her story and during the home visits, we noted that the mother and children appeared depressed. Their self-esteem was non-existent, their confidence shot and the children were affected seeing their peers go to school while they remained at home. Stan’s mother shed tears of joy when we told her we would enroll her children and she quickly relocated her family to be near the school. They moved into a tiny space and she started doing casual jobs in the area. We continued our visitation with her, where we would encourage and pray with her and she remained hopeful. By God’s grace, she was able to secure a more stable casual job and the first thing she did was move her children to a better house.
Today, Stan is not the shy, withdrawn boy who came to school last year, his esteem has really grown. He can now stand before his classmates and lead devotion which was not the case when he first joined our program. His health has also improved greatly. The mother has also changed and she is a jovial woman who is excited about her life. She is learning to place her hope in God and as we continue to evangelize, we know it is only a matter of time before she makes a decision for Christ.
- We are grateful that our Scouts Club members attended a training camp held in the outskirts of Nairobi.
- We held a team building event for our staff members and it was very successful. Our people are energized and ready to continue serving the community.
- We have continued with the mentorship program and are happy to see the positive response from our pupils.
- We don’t take it for granted that we were able to achieve all the academic goals set for this term. It is very gratifying to have had a successful school term.
- We were privileged to have Mountain Christian Church visit us this term. They held very interactive mentorship sessions with grade seven and eight students
- Our center played host to a team of doctors from the US who were accompanied by pastors from Christ’s Church of the Valley – Arizona. From 21st to 24th September, they offered free medical checkups to MOHI’s Nairobi staff and their spouses.
- Pray for God’s protection úpon our staff, students, and parents.
- Many of our families are struggling financially and having a hard time providing for their families. Help us pray for them even as we seek ways to empower them financially.
- Pray for our students as they continue with their studies that their academic performance will be good.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: