Term 4, 2021
We give all the honor and glory to God for helping us complete the fourth term of the 2021 school year. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you from Olturot center. We are so grateful for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. May God bless you abundantly.
Total Enrolled: 331 students
Total Unsponsored: 79 students
Sponsor a Child at Olturot
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Jack is a grade one student at the Olturot center. The seven-year-old lives in a nearby village with his parents and six siblings.
His father is a shepherd, his mother a housewife – the family is not well off because the parents make very little money. They survive by borrowing money from neighbors and as a result, they often will go to sleep without having had a meal the whole day. The home is also in a poor condition.
Due to this biting poverty, Jack was sent to live with his uncle. He would take care of his uncle’s livestock in exchange for food and accommodation. When the Olturot center opened its doors, we approached Jack’s family and his father consented to him joining the school. He came back home and joined us in 2019 and has been an active, hardworking student since then.
For the two years that Jack has been in the MOHI program, we have noted an improvement in his health. Having access to two nutritious meals every day has really boosted this young boy’s physical growth. He is now a happy child who interacts well with other students in school. Jack is also well-disciplined and he has shown keenness in learning the Word of God.
We are excited to see him grow spiritually, physically, and mentally and we look forward to seeing even more transformation happen in his life.
- We are excited about our growing kindergarten enrolment numbers. The number increased from 39 to 58 from the previous term and it is heartwarming to see the little ones adapting to school life.
- We thank God for the construction of an additional six classrooms. We look forward to catering to even more children.
- Our staff numbers are also good and we now have a good team that is able to handle the current student population.
- We pray for financial provision so that we can have solar lighting at the center. Being without electricity is a daily challenge we have to contend with.
- Olturot is a largely arid area and we have not had rain for close to two years. Please pray for adequate rainfall.
- Pray for peace in our community that the different tribes will live in harmony with each other.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: