Term 2, 2020
Greetings from Olturot center. It has been a wonderful term and we would wish to share some of the highlights as we come to the end of this second term. Thank you for your generous support and partnership which has made it possible for us to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Center Manager, Olturot
Total Enrolled: 261 students
Total Unsponsored: 68 students
Sponsor a Child at Olturot
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Betty is a grade three student at Missions of Hope International (MOHI) Olturot center. The 10-year-old comes from a family of 11 and they live in one of the remote villages near the school.
When she was in grade one, Betty dropped out of school after her father decided she should take care of livestock while waiting to get married. She opted to run away from home and live with a relative who lives far from Olturot. She stayed with this relative for a while and came back home last year after her father relented from his decision to wed her off.
Once we learned that Betty was back in the village and ready to join the school, we approached the parents and took her back. We enrolled her into grade two where the teachers have been working to ensure she catches up with her studies. We are happy to report that she is now well settled in school and is doing well both in and out of class. She is optimistic and is hopeful of a brighter future ahead.
Additionally, we have been talking to the parents and educating them on the dangers of early marriages and why they should allow the young girl to pursue her studies. We have been extending this same message across the community.
We are praying that the Lord will help us continue being a place of refuge for girls like Betty and that the quality education we give them will offer them a better life.
- We are happy that our learners resumed back to school and in good numbers even after the long break following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- We are grateful that our staff quarters are now complete.
- The MOHI construction team has worked hard and in a short time have been able to complete the classes and fence around the school. We are really thankful for this improvement in our school’s infrastructure.
- As the school continues to grow, we will need additional classes. Pray with us that resources will be available to make this possible.
- For continued peace with the neighboring community who have accepted us and have been very cooperative.
- We also pray for good working relations between staff members and parents and also all our learners.
- Praying for rain – our school is located in an arid area that struggles with food security. We pray for rain so that the entire community can benefit from it.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: