Term 2, 2021
Receive greetings from the Olturot center. It is another wonderful time that God has given to us and we would like to share some of the highlights from this term. Thank you for the generous support you give to us as we transform this community in a holistic way through giving them the hope of Christ.
Total Enrolled: 275 students
Total Unsponsored: 58 students
Sponsor a Child at Olturot
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Twelve-year-old Sabeka* is a grade three student at the Olturot center. Sabeka comes from a family of eight that is very traditional. In fact, before she joined our school, she used to look after her family’s flock of sheep and goats. Her parents had no value for education and were instead preparing to marry her off to an elderly man in exchange for a dowry. To escape her looming fate, Sabeka ran away from home and went to live with a relative in a nearby village.
We had approached the parents several times to have Sabeka enrolled at the school but they would not agree. After she ran away from home, her parents finally agreed for Sabeka to start learning and they also stopped the planned marriage. With the help of mediators, Sabeka agreed to come back home and we immediately took her in but soon realized that she needed to start at the lower classes despite her advanced age.
Sabeka is now settling in at the school. She is a hardworking student who has a thirst for education. She rarely misses school and it has been a joy to watch her interact so well with her fellow students. Being in school has offered her the opportunity to learn the Word of God and she is now also growing spiritually.
We have also continued to conduct home visits where we encourage Sabeka’s parents to allow her to complete her education. We have seen them have a change of heart towards the idea of early marriage and they are now supportive of their daughter.
We are grateful to God for this transformation and we are praying that the family will experience a holistic change in their lives.
- We are very glad that all our learners resumed school after the April holiday and they have remained active, engaged, and strong throughout the term.
- We have enjoyed a conducive learning environment this entire term that is devoid of tribal clashes among community members.
- We are proud of our learners who have transformed from communicating in their tribal language to speaking in English! They can now communicate easily.
- Please join us in praying for the finances that will enable the construction of an extra classroom building.
- We really need solar panels so that we can light our center. Please help us pray for this to become a reality for us.
- Pray for peace with our neighboring communities.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: