Term 1, 2023
Hello and may God bless you. As a center we are so grateful for the love, grace and favor of God upon our lives and the families, students and community members that we serve. We are also grateful for your support and partnership as we serve the community of Nyeri through the love of Christ. We would like to share with you some of the highlights of this first term of the year.
Peter Bwire Oumah, Deputy Head Teacher Nyeri.
Total Enrolled: 332 students
Total Unsponsored: 298 students
Sponsor a Child at Nyeri
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Jim* is 6 years old and in grade one. He is the last born of 6 children. He lives with his mother and 5 siblings in the community around our school. Jim was among the first 160 students who joined our school when it first opened.
We met Jim when we were doing recruitment in the area. When we met the family they told us their story and Jim was recruited. Jim’s mother is a single mom and suffers from mental illness that makes her violent towards others and unable to take care of her children. As a result of her condition her other 5 children were being taken care of by good samaritans, but Jim did not have someone to take care of him.
When Jim joined our center, his life began to change. He is now surrounded by people who care and love him enough that his health has since improved. He now receives two consistent meals from school and they make all the difference. We are honored to make an impact on Jim’s life and give him hope for the future.
*Name has changed.
- We are so grateful to have started a Christian Union club for our students. They are very excited about the society and are looking forward to fellowship with one another.
- We held a prayer retreat for both the Church members and the staff for the first time and 18 members came to attend.
- Our pastor visited 21 families in their homes, prayed with them and 2 souls gave their lives to Christ!
- Our church shared in the Lord’s table for the first time this term. Our newly appointed ministers from the community served the congregants and this was a great milestone in their faith and leadership.
- Pray for families we serve that they may come to know and love Jesus.
- Pray for our parents to become economically empowered and be able to provide for their families.
- We thank God that the overall health of our students has improved in our new school. We thank God that MOHI is able to provide a healthy and well balanced diet for our students. This has led to healthy, strong, energized, active and happy students!
- We also thank God for the improved discipline amongst our students. They are now able to follow instructions, school rules and regulations better than when the school started.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: