Term 1, 2023
We give glory to God for his grace and mercy that has been with us this term, we can’t take it for granted. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights of this term that we want to share with you.
Job Barasa, Head Teacher Ndovoini.
Total Enrolled: 1184 students
Total Unsponsored: 213 students
Sponsor a Child at Ndovoini
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Anna* and her sister live in the Ndovoini community, with their widowed father after their mother passed away while they were very young. The two girls aged 11 and 13 years are both in grade 5. Anna was chosen to be a part of the program when our social worker met them during the recruitment process. Anna had a cleft lip and this had prevented her from starting school on time. There was a lot of stigma and shame around her condition. Anna joined our school with her younger sister who had become of school going age and received reconstructive surgery courtesy of MOHI. Anna is also epileptic and receives treatment from our clinic. She and her family are grateful for all the support that they have received during these times.
Anna’s father worked as a sand harvester to make ends meet for his two little girls. One day while harvesting sand the mine collapsed on him and he sustained significant injuries to his body. He was taken to hospital and received treatment for his injuries, but he was unable to walk and work for a long time as his body healed.
During this time he and his girls would often sleep hungry as he was unable to work and bring money to buy food and feed the girls. This was when MOHI stepped in again and gave food baskets to the family until Anna’s father had recovered and was able to go back to work. These food baskets had enough to sustain the family and ensure that the girls did not become malnourished.
Anna and her family are very grateful to MOHI for being there when they needed it the most. Anna’s father is now better and able to take care of himself and his family. He has moved to lighter jobs as though he is better he is not strong enough to to take on heavy duty jobs like in the past. MOHI has been of great help to this family when they needed to hear it the most.
*Name was changed
- Our high school athletics team competed in the national competitions and have qualified for the next round. Congratulations to them and good luck on their next competition!
- We commissioned and opened the newly built boys classroom building. The boys can now sit in a stone built structure that is cooler during the day when it is very hot and warm at night when it is very cold.
- We thank God for the Amity Christian Church and Dayton Christian Church who came to visit. They toured the center. They also had time to interact with the children by playing games and having fun with them.
- We took 10 new believers through our discipleship class and after it all 10 of them chose to be baptized! The ceremony was conducted in the church hall. Praise God!
- 48 students re-dedicated and gave their lives to Christ during the weekend challenge (a 2 day event full of different activities). We Praise God for these students!
- We had a successful 21 days of prayer and fasting at the church. After the fast was broken we shared holy communion with the community.
- Pray for God’s protection to Ndovoini staff and teachers as they serve the community in Ndovoini.
- We thank God that all our students who graduated from primary school last year have been admitted into Junior Secondary School and have settled. We thank God that they have continued their education and are on their way to breaking the cycle of poverty.
- We thank God for the rain. We pray that it continues so we can plant and grow our crops.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: