Term 3, 2022
Greetings in Jesus’ Name!
We are glad at Ndovoini Center to have ended the third term of this academic year 2022. It has been the shortest term with a two-week midterm break to pave the way for our National General Election. We thank God that our country had the most peaceful elections ever. We thank you, our partners, for your prayers and support during this term. We had a number of visiting teams coming for tours and distinguished activities in our Center and we were greatly encouraged. We give glory to God for enabling our students to cope with a short and strained term that had many activities.
Isaac Mwangi Macharia
Head Teacher, Ndovoini,
Total Enrolled: 1015 students
Total Unsponsored: 275 students
Sponsor a Child at Ndovoini
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Diana* is 4 years old and in kindergarten. She has two older brothers in grades 3 and 4. They lost their father in 2019 after he succumbed to a short illness. After the death of their father, they were forcefully chased away from home by the paternal grandparents where they were living because of land issues. They then were forced to go stay with their maternal grandmother who was very old.
Most of the time, Diana was left at home with her grandmother when her mother went to look for a job. When she was recruited into our program she wasn’t in good health. An assessment conducted by our MOHI Nutritionist showed that she was nearing severe malnutrition. She had an unending cold, was very weak, and could not talk effectively which made her cry a lot. Diana’s elder brother narrated that most of the time they didn’t have dinner when their mother was not lucky enough to find work.
Diana together with her brothers were enrolled on to our feeding program. Since then their health has really improved. A recent assessment done by our MOHI Nutritionist in term 2 indicates that she has greatly improved. She can now speak effectively and can even afford a smile, and her class performance is improving as she is slowly catching up with the others.
The health condition of her brothers has also improved. Her mother relies on casual jobs so she can now go search for jobs knowing that her children are safe and are in school. Diana’s mom is a prayerful woman and always gives thanks to God for her children. The family’s hope has been restored knowing that one day they will overcome poverty and find a better life. We thank God for the great transformation that has happened to the family.
Glory be to God!
- We are celebrating our students who took part in sports competitions this term. Two students were selected to participate in the soccer team up to the metropolitan level, the second highest level in the country.
- We are very thankful to God for the completion of our new modern and spacious kitchen. This has really helped with the timely preparation of the student’s meals. It has made work easier, more effective, and more efficient. May God bless the partners who contributed to this project.
- We thank God for the visit by the National Media Group (a national newspaper print media company). The visit was meant to motivate our learners to work hard in their studies and inspire them to take advantage of the exam past papers printed in the newspapers. The students also got an opportunity to have their photo taken, which was published in the national newspaper, the Kiswahili edition, “Taifa Leo”.
- A team from Canyon Springs Christian Church conducted student baptisms for 33 Post-Angaza Discovery Camp students after they were taken through a discipleship class.
- The Generations Christian Church had 8 members visit our school for a tour. They prayed for staff and children.
- We were overjoyed when Antioch Christian Church visited our Center for a tour. They had an opportunity to be entertained by the students.
- Pray with us for the completion of the MOHI Boys classroom building, which is under construction.
- Pray for our grades 6, 8 and 12 for their success in their National exams which they will sit for in December 2020.
- Pray with us for God’s provision to support double admission of students in the new Junior Secondary School and High School students at the beginning of next year, 2023. We are trusting God for a 100% transition of learners to the next level.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: