Term 4, 2021
We thank God for helping us reach this last term of the year 2021 which is the second term as per the current academic calendar. We are so grateful for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. May God bless you abundantly. Here are the successes and highlights that we want to share with you.
Total Enrolled: 1034 students
Total Unsponsored: 394 students
Sponsor a Child at Ndovoini
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Anna is an alumnus from our center. She finished grade eight and sat for the primary school exit exam in March this year.
Unknown to us, Anna was at least one month pregnant at the time she was doing her national exam. We learned of her condition when she failed to join grade nine with her peers in July. We started following up on her and realized that all was not well at home due to her pregnancy. Anna’s mother was angry about this turn of events and had taken to quarreling her daughter and the man in question.
We had several conversations with Anna and her mother and it has not been an easy journey. The mother would use very strong words of condemnation against her daughter to the point that Anna felt like killing herself and her child. We however did not relent and we kept up having one-on-one sessions with each of them and also together. We prayed for them and spoke the peace of Christ over the home.
In time, things started to improve between the two and by the time the little bundle of joy arrived in late November, Anna’s mother had become calm and was very supportive of her daughter. We have become frequent visitors of the home and we thank God because Anna has agreed to go back to school. The next academic year starts in March 2022 and she wants to join grade nine. Her mother fully supports her quest for education and is willing to look after her granddaughter.
We also thank God because the mother is now attending church after a long period of not going. We referred her to the Outreach Hope Church where she is receiving spiritual nourishment and regular follow-up. We are trusting God that as she remains committed to going to church, the seed of faith will grow and she will surrender her life to Jesus Christ.
Please keep this family in your prayers. For Anna especially, who is now a teenage mother, that she will make the right decisions in order to secure her future and that of her child.
- It was an exciting time for our grade six boys and girls who got to spend time at the Angaza camp. The students had an amazing time and they came back refreshed and truly energized.
- We are grateful that all the activities slated for the term went on without a hitch. Our learners successfully covered the syllabus as envisioned and also sat for their end-of-term exams.
- The staff had a fun-filled time at our annual team-building retreat. It was great to connect outside the work environment and just bond as a team.
- Pray for our 394 students who do not have sponsors that they too will receive sponsorship.
- Pray for financial provision so that we can have permanent classrooms put up at the center.
- Pray for the continued health and safety of all our learners and staff members.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: