Term 3, 2021
Receive greetings from Ndovoini center! We thank God for how far He has brought us since the beginning of the term and for enabling us to see it come to an end. We are very grateful for the support you have accorded to us and for your partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 1038 students
Total Unsponsored: 366 students
Sponsor a Child at Ndovoini
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Read this recent report by one of our social workers
There are these twins whom I have been meeting in the community while doing home visits. I wondered why they were not in school despite being past the school-going age. I made sure to pass by their place just to say hi to them and little by little we became good friends. I started questioning them on why they are not in school and they told me that their grandmother has never taken them to school. I requested them to tell their grandmother that I would want to meet her.
The following day I found their grandmother waiting because they had passed the information to her. I introduced myself and requested her to explain to me why the children were not in school. She narrated to me a story that was very sad. She said the children were abandoned by their parents soon after birth and she has been struggling to raise them all by herself. She told me that she is not able to work due to her advanced age and therefore relies on well-wishers. As a result, finding school fees for the children has been out of the question.
I asked her if she would allow the children to join our school and she just smiled. She said she would readily allow them to but then where would the money for their uniform, stationery, and school fees come from? At some point, she became very emotional and I spoke words of encouragement to her and promised to visit her again.
Immediately I got back to school, I shared the story of these children and their grandmother with the headteacher. He was touched and gave me the go-ahead to recruit them as kindergarten students.
The grandmother could not believe her eyes – seeing her grandchildren with full school uniforms, going to school, and benefiting from two nutritious meals every day. On their part, my two friends are overjoyed to finally be in school like other children. I keep checking on them and they are doing well. The grandmother is also very thankful and appreciates what MOHI has done.
It is experiences like these that make our work so very meaningful. I give all glory and honor to God.
- We had a very successful baptism service where 46 students were baptized as a way of them confirming their faith in Christ. The function was held on September 5th.
- We had a successful weekend challenge facilitated by the HR department. We had 35 students give their lives to Christ. They have been plugged into a discipleship class handled by the school’s spiritual department.
- We were honored to have visitors from Black Hawk Ministries and Twin Oak Christian Church. During their visit, they:
- Made home visits where they interacted with some of the families we serve.
- Visited with the students in their classes and prayed with them.
- Met with the school games patron and discussed a lot of matters pertaining to sporting activities at the school.
- Pray with us for God’s provision for the completion of the high school complex that is under construction.
- One of our kindergarten pupils, Stellamaris Mueni, was involved in an accident when she was coming to school. Please join us as we pray for her quick recovery.
- Pray that God’s protection be upon all our staff as we continue to serve in this community.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: