Term 2, 2021
Christian greetings from the Ndovoini center! We are grateful to God for His blessings during this term. As we conclude the term we would like to share some of our highlights and thank you for your support and prayers. Indeed you have partnered and labored with us in the transformation of lives through hope in Christ. May God bless you – Psalms 20:1-4.
Chief Principal, Ndovoini
Total Enrolled: 951 students
Total Unsponsored: 675 students
Sponsor a Child at Ndovoini
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Phoebe* just completed grade seven at the Ndovoini center. She had been attending school regularly until we resumed learning this term and she was nowhere to be found.
One of our social workers went to Phoebe’s home in search of her and found the mother who narrated a story that was a bit complicated. She said that she’d had a falling out with Phoebe’s dad, who had since relocated to a town almost 60 miles away. As a punishment, he had taken Phoebe with him. She said the man had also since remarried and he was not picking up her calls. She, therefore, had no idea whether Phoebe was in school or not.
The social worker was able to get the father’s contact through the mother and we called him. It took a lot of convincing and several long calls to finally see the child back and in school and we give all glory to God for the outcome.
We also ministered to the mother who was still so bitter about the breakup of her family. She was blaming her husband’s new wife for everything that had happened. She ended up giving her life to Christ and we are now walking closely with her to ensure she is growing spiritually and is attending church.
We thank the Lord for His doing and especially for working things out so that Phoebe is now back to school. She is determined to complete her education and her social worker is monitoring her closely to ensure she keeps up this momentum.
- We are glad that our students were able to participate in interclass games and sports within the school since COVID-19 restrictions prohibited competitions between schools.
- We thank God for the great dedication demonstrated by our staff in serving the learners to ensure they achieve their goals in school.
- We appreciate the efforts by the learners and the teachers to complete this term’s academic syllabus. This was a shortened school term brought on by the government’s revision of the academic calendar.
- We were happy to receive a team from Summit Christian Church who toured our school. We appreciate their attending and ministering during the student’s service and for planting trees that will provide more shade to the learners.
- We appreciate the American interns from CMF International who, together with staff from MOHI’s Child Survival department, trained kindergarten parents on the need to plant vegetables so as to cater to the nutritional needs of growing and developing children.
- We are grateful for the great dedication shown by the Agristewards team who trained our garden staff on “Farming God’s Way” and for also introducing them to the modern bean threshing machine.
- Pray for the availability of funds so that we can connect our school to the main national electrical grid. Doing so will help us scale down on fuel costs used in lighting up the school while using the generator.
- Pray for the timely completion of the high school classroom building.
- Pray for a smooth transition of grade eight students who are now moving on to high school and also grade 12 learners who are off to post high school learning.
- Pray for our grade four learners who have been home for a whole term as they had to wait months to move to grade five.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: