Term 4, 2022
Greetings to all in the name of Jesus Christ! We thank God for yet another wonderful term. Our Napuu Center thanks you for your support and partnership this term as we work to transform lives through the hope of Jesus Christ. Here are some of the highlights of this first term of the year.
Ben Kibe, Head Teacher Napuu Center.
Total Enrolled: 1403 students
Total Unsponsored: 671 students
Sponsor a Child at Napuu
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Jacob* is the fourth born of a family of 5 children. He lives with his mother and grandmother after his parents separated. After the separation, life was difficult as Jacob’s mother struggled to provide for her 5 children. She as a result started to sell and make alcohol. This was when we met the family and through counseling and evangelism Jacob’s mother stopped brewing alcohol.
We thank God for this because her children had begun to partake in alcohol drinking. Although she stopped brewing and selling, life did not get much easier and this was very traumatic for Jacob. He would be constantly worried about money and eventually he became discouraged and no longer saw the benefit of sacrificing to get an education. His 2 older siblings had dropped out of school and he was contemplating following in their footsteps.
Jacob had finished his primary school education at our Napuu Center where he performed very well. But he was hesitant to join high school because of his mothers financial situation. He worried that though MOHI had promised to take care of the school feels, that his mother would be unable to buy him personal effects such as body lotion and soap. This discouraged him deeply and refused to join Turkana High School.
Our MOHI staff sprang into action and decided to encourage Jacob. His Head Teacher, Social Worker, Child Sponsorship Officer and teachers all reassured him that all would be well. They encouraged him that an education would be a lasting solution to the poverty that he is afraid of. Slowly he began to warm up to the idea and eventually he joined Turkana High School this year.
Jacob now wants to grow up to be a doctor. We thank God for Jacob. We pray that he achieves all of his dreams.
*Name has been changed.
- We are proud to have 159 students transit from primary school to junior secondary and high school. We pray for our students’ success as they pursue education along with the intention to transform their community.
- We hosted the first MNARA program which brought our students who just finished high school together. It was great to see them learn practical skills for this next phase in life.
- Grade 6 went to Angaza Discovery Camp. They enjoyed themselves a lot at Kenya’s coast. Most of them have never been to the ocean. They came back with a love for Christ and lots of stories and memories.
- Brook Wilson visited our churches at Napuu and Kangagetei. He encouraged our leaders on evangelism in a new culture and other things. The leaders appreciated his words a lot.
- Pray for security in the community. We pray that the different communities be able to live in peace with one another.
- We thank God for the rain that we experienced in the area after a very long drought!
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: