Term 3, 2022
Receive greetings from Napuu center. We have come to the end of another wonderful school term and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through Christ.
Total Enrolled: 1391 students
Total Unsponsored: 898 students
Sponsor a Child at Napuu
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Daisy* had lived with her elderly grandmother in a village called Namarile in Lodwar town. In the wider parts of the Turkana community, most girls have no other choice, but to be married off at a young age. This leads to the girls being denied access to education. There is a high level of neglect of children’s rights including the right to parental love and care, education, shelter, and the right to proper nutrition.
Daisy’s parents suffered from strange illnesses that took away their lives when she was very young. Her grandmother took full responsibility for Daisy and her other grandchildren. Daisy’s grandmother used to do some casual jobs including weaving mats in order to provide for her children and grandchildren. However, she is currently old and weak and depends on well-wishers for survival.
Daisy was enrolled in Missions of Hope Napuu Center in 2014. She was introduced to formal education which has seen her change into a girl full of hopes and dreams. She is an ever-cheerful, calm, and smiling girl. Since she joined Missions of Hope, her health improved now that she receives physical, mental, and emotional support.
Daisy is now in grade 7 and is doing well in her academics. She is displaying a positive attitude towards school and learning. She is currently in boarding school and in a year she will sit for her National Examination which will allow her to move on to high school. She is working hard to attain her dream of becoming a nurse. She is also serving as a choir member in the church.
She has memorized verses from Psalms 9: 1 which says “I will give thanks to you LORD, with all my heart, I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.” and Psalms 136:1 says “Give thanks to the LORD for he is good. His love endures forever.”
*Name has been changed.
- We are proud that our Center became the first one to receive an interim license for a Junior Secondary School among all MOHI centers.
- We held a baptism ceremony, the first of its kind in our Center. 13 learners were baptized after going through the discipleship program.
- We held a week-long VBS program with facilitators being our friends from Parkview Church. The program brought together a total of 520 learners in grades 6-8. We experienced the joy of Christ and great transformation for our learners where 24 of them gave their lives to Christ.
- The Eastside Christian Church organized a one-day seminar for boys. Over 700 boys drawn from both primary and secondary sections attended. Our friends from Eastside took the boys through life skills and encouraged them to live holy lives.
- The Eastside Christian Church built a house for a very needy family. The family was living in a deplorable state, but today they enjoy a spacious and decent permanent house.
- The Parkview Christian Church organized a week-long VBS program that targeted teens in grades 6-8. The theme was knowing God and walking with him in life. We witnessed great transformation as the discipline and general attitude of teens greatly changed.
- We are trusting God for his financial provision for the infrastructural needs to start the Junior Secondary section in our Center.
- We pray that peace may prevail between our community and our neighbors for greater economic and social growth of the communities which live in this part of Kenya.
- We pray for good health for our children, parents, and the community in general.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: