Term 1, 2023
Receive greetings from Namarei Center and the community we serve. We thank God that we have come to the end of another term and we want to share some updates with you. Thank you for your continued support and partnership as we impact and transform lives through the love of Jesus.
Benard Muithi Misembo, Head Teacher Namarei.
Total Enrolled: 299 students
Total Unsponsored: 133 students
Sponsor a Child at Namarei
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Lilly* is 11 years old and currently in 1st grade. By this age Lilly should be in 5th grade, but at a young age she was set to be a bride. We rescued Lilly from this marriage and she joined our Namarei Center in kindergarten. Lilly had never been to school before in her life so at the age of 10 she was starting from scratch.
Lilly at first found it difficult to adjust to being in school, she had only learned how to speak the local language and had to learn Swahili and English. She was the oldest in her class as her other classmates were 4 years old. This seemed not to deter her though. Lilly was so determined to learn and start a new life full of different opportunities.
Lilly excelled and thrived in our school. She quickly caught on and was attentive in class that she was able to be moved to grade one within the first year of her education. She learned to express herself in Swahili as well as English. She became a strong and influential leader taking up leadership roles with ease and helping those around her. While she has been with us she met Jesus and has joined a local church and is pursuing a relationship with the Lord. In all of this she has encouraged the other children her age to overcome challenges and do their very best.
Lilly now wants to grow up to be a lawyer. She wants to represent girls in her community and save them from early marriage and allow them the same opportunities she has been afforded to have an education. We thank God for Lilly and for the opportunity to transform her life.
*Name has been changed
- We have been blessed with a school borehole which is now providing water. This has curbed the water issues that we have been having with water being delivered by truck and we are so grateful for what God has done.
- We had VBS this term, conducted by MOHI’s Spiritual Department and Sports Evangelism team. It was a great celebration because some of our students gave their lives to Christ!
- We were blessed to have Eastside Christian Church’s Nutrition team come to visit us this term. They saw and treated 196 of our students. We thank God for available healthcare through MOHI and our partners.
- Pray for security in Namarei and Marsabit counties. We pray that the communities co-exist well.
- Pray for the community that we serve that the Holy Spirit will visit their hearts and they may come to know and love Jesus.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: