Term 3, 2021
Receive greetings from Namarei and thank God with us that we have successfully seen another school term to its conclusion. We are excited to share some of the successes and highlights with you! Thank you for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 192 students
Total Unsponsored: 192 students
Sponsor a Child at Namarei
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Naima is a kindergarten student at the Namarei center. The 11-year-old was among the first pupils we recruited when the school was setting up. She is a girl brought up by a single mother who is not well established financially.
After attending school for the first two months at the start of the year, she vanished from school and went into the grazing fields. Our efforts to get her back to school bore no fruits and we made numerous visits to her home. On one of our visits, we were lucky to find Naima and her mother back home from the grazing land. We prevailed upon the mother to let her daughter come back to school and she eventually agreed even though she made it clear that she was not willing to pay the commitment fees.
We took it upon ourselves to take Naima in and she has been doing well. We gave thanks to God when we saw her mother come to school and voluntarily pay her daughter’s commitment fees. She has since been receptive to home visits by the social workers and has expressed an interest in her daughter’s education. Naima loves being in school and has no desire to go back to being a herds girl – this is encouraging for us because some children are unable to shake off the freedom the grazing fields bring.
We pray that both mother and daughter will continue to see the value of education even as we give glory to God for what He is doing in this family.
- We had put our grade one learners on an accelerated learning program to boost their language skills. We are very proud of how far they have come.
- They can now read simple sentences in Swahili and have a better understanding of the language
- They can respond correctly to directions given in English.
- We are encouraged by the community’s response to our school and the demonstrated desire they have for an education.
- We opened our doors on January 4th, 2021 with 83 learners. In less than a year, this number has grown to 192 active students.
- We have a great number of prospective learners waiting to join us in the coming new term.
- All the academic activities went on as envisioned this term and it is fulfilling to see the students go through their lessons and successfully sit for the end-term exams.
- Pray for funds to help us finalize all pending construction especially a new block of classes, completion of the school fence as well as a gate.
- Pray for all our staff, students, and teachers that they will be in good health.
- Pray for our school to get a permanent source of water so we can reduce the amount of money that goes towards buying water every month.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: