Term 2, 2021
Greetings from Namarei! Another great school term has come to an end and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Total Enrolled: 177 students
Total Unsponsored: 177 students
Sponsor a Child at MOHI
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Miller* is a grade one pupil, he is 10-years-old and comes from the neighboring community. Miller joined our school during the feeding program we set up before Namarei center was officially opened on January 4th, 2021.
Miller’s parents are not financially stable so they are not able to adequately provide for his needs. At one point, the school became the only place where he was guaranteed a meal. Apart from these challenges, his parents were also in conflict and this had affected this young boy such that he was constantly absent from school.
Our social worker made constant follow-ups of the boy to encourage and offer him hope of a brighter future. Through sharing, one of our parents offered to buy Miller a school uniform and this became a transformational tool for him. He never missed school again and his grades improved greatly. During the kindergarten graduation, Miller received an award for being the most transformed pupil.
We have great hopes for Miller and his entire family. We know that as we continue to share the love and hope that Christ gives, they will experience genuine transformation in their lives. Please keep Miller and his family in your prayers.
- We are proud of our first kindergarten class for their competent performance under the accelerated learning program which led to their promotion to grade one.
- We are excited about our school’s growth rate. We started with 83 learners, on January 4th 2021, and the number has doubled within just a few months.
- We thank God for the cooperation and acceptance we have received from local leaders and the entire community.
- Our most pressing need is for funds to do the following:
- Build more classes for our learners.
- Have a solar power system installed so we can light up our school.
- Dig a bore-hole as a permanent solution to the water challenges we are facing at the school.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: