Term 3, 2022
Calvary greetings in Jesus’s Name. We are thankful for another wonderful term of transformation in Molo Milimani Center and the community that we serve. It is a pleasure to share with you the updates for the term. Thank you for your continued support and partnership as we educate, empower, restore and redeem the community here.
Irene Lipesa Mambili,
Headteacher, Molo Milimani.
Total Enrolled: 348 students
Total Unsponsored: 248 students
Sponsor a Child at Molo Milimani
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Ken* is a grade 1 pupil in our Molo Milimani Center. He joined our school in 2021 in kindergarten. He comes from a family of 2 siblings and a single mother. Ken’s mother was surviving on casual work with little pay, thus not able to support the family’s basic necessities fully.
Ken’s father and mother had separated. Later the mother remarried and had her second-born son. Ken’s new stepfather felt burdened by Ken and overwhelmed by having to take care of him. As a result, his frustrations would spill over to the mother, leaving her a victim of domestic violence. When we first met her she had totally given up on life and Ken was not going to school because she was not able to pay his fees while she was nursing a little baby.
The staff at Molo Milimani and concerned neighbors mobilized funds to meet the few basic necessities needed so that Ken could join our Molo Milimani Center. His mother had gone through a lot of stress and frustrations that were weighing her down. Having Ken enrolled in MOHI was a great relief to her.
Ken has since adjusted very well to school. He has caught up fast with his classmates and enjoys going to school. His dream is to grow up to be a doctor. His mother has attended various sessions of economic empowerment and counseling sessions that have borne fruit. Ken’s mother has been able to overcome stress and she now fully takes care of her family. With the help of staff from MOHI, she has been able to get a few jobs cleaning clothes and other casual jobs. She also gave her life to Christ after all the encouragement and love received from the staff at MOHI!
- We are proud of our grade seven students who have successfully gone through discipleship class after previously attending the two-week MOHI camp in Angaza Discovery Camp. Three students gave their lives to Christ and were baptized. Glory to God!
- We are proud to have our grade six learners registered to sit for their national assessment under the competency-based curriculum [CBC].
- We thank the Lord for our grade six class that went for the two-week camp at Angaza Discovery Camp. Many gave their lives to Christ and are accepted to follow Him.
- Pray for the families and children we serve. Pray that God will provide for them financially, especially for our grade six parents whose children are joining Junior Secondary School early next year.
- Pray for finances and resources that will help our Center set up permanent buildings and structures to accommodate the children that we serve.
- Pray for the families and community we serve that they will be economically empowered, especially the single-parent families that they will live in peace in their homes and with their neighbors.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: