Term 2, 2022
Receive Calvary greetings from the Milimani center. We are hoping that you are well in Christ Jesus. We thank God for the grace He has given us to serve the children of Molo even as we aim at transforming them through the love of Christ.
Irene Lipesa Mambili,
Headteacher, Molo Milimani
Total Enrolled: 316 students
Total Unsponsored: 222 students
Sponsor a Child at Molo Milimani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Linah is a parent at the Milimani center where her four children are studying. She is a single mother of nine children and she works very hard to provide for her children through her small business.
Before her children joined MOHI, Linah was having a hard time providing for her family. She used to depend on irregular casual jobs which paid her so little she could not afford to feed or pay school fees for her children. They were just staying at home.
After we enrolled her children, Linah was taken through an economic empowerment process by the social worker. We encouraged her to try her hand at grocery selling and she started selling a few vegetables. Soon, business picked up and started booming. Linah was able to cater to her children’s needs and they in turn became more settled in their studies.
Last year in March, the mother started encountering challenges. First, thugs attempted to break into their home but no one was home so nothing was taken and no one was harmed. After relocating to a new house, there was a fire in the home and one of her children got some minor injuries. Linah had to stay home and nurse her back to health which meant she could not go to the market to conduct her normal business. This caused her business to start collapsing.
Once her daughter was fully recovered and back to school, Linah restarted her business but it did not pick up. Business was so low, the bills started to pile and stress made its way into the home. The children’s school performance was affected and Linah even contemplated suicide.
We stepped in to walk with and encourage the entire family not to lose hope and to keep their focus on God. We had several counseling sessions and we also prayed for them. It has not been easy, but we can now see a change in Linah. She is willing to venture out of the home and try again and she is also encouraging her children not to lose hope. There is a definite change in attitude for all of them.
Please keep this family in your prayers. We have seen them overcome great odds before and we know with God’s help they can do it again. We are praying that they will experience holistic transformation that only Jesus can give.
- We thank God for the successful recruitment of kindergarten students who have joined us this term. We pray for God’s guidance as we start working with them and molding their young minds.
- We also thank God that our former grade eight candidates have successfully transitioned to high school.
- We are thankful that our grade six students got to spend time at the Angaza Discovery Camp. They came back with a greater commitment to reading the Word of God and to prayer. These students are now going through discipleship classes in preparation for baptism.
- Pray that our 222 unsponsored students will get sponsors.
- Pray for the provision of finances to enable us to construct a permanent building. This will create a conducive learning environment.
- Pray for the protection of our students, staff, and parents that they will be safe even as the country goes into election mode. Molo has had a history of violence during previous election periods. Please pray that this will not be the case this year – not before or after August 9th.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: