Term 1, 2022
We are grateful to God that He has been faithful and He has given us the grace to serve Him throughout this school term. Thank you so much for your partnership and your support as we work together with the aim of transforming lives through the hope of Christ. Below are some highlights that I would like to share with you.
Irene Lipesa Mambili,
Headteacher, Molo Milimani
Total Enrolled: 297 students
Total Unsponsored: 197 students
Sponsor a Child at Molo Milimani
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Winnie is a grade six pupil at the Molo Milimani center who joined our school in 2021.She comes from a family of five that is headed by a single mother. After her parents separated, their mother took them to their upcountry home to live with their grandmother while she went to Molo to look for work.
While at their grandmother’s home, the children were not going to school because the elderly lady could not afford to pay school fees. This prompted Winnie’s mother to bring them to Molo where she could take care of them – despite it being a daily struggle just to meet the family’s basic needs.
Our social worker came across this family while conducting home visits in the village. Their story was very touching and this made the social worker recruit Winnie to join the school. When she started coming to school, we soon noticed that Winnie was having some challenges. She was withdrawn and very reserved; she appeared to be absent-minded most of the time and would lose concentration while in class. The social worker engaged her in several conversations and it emerged that the young girl was very stressed because of the situation at home which was also making her depressed.
The social worker held several guidance and counseling sessions with the girl and also linked her to the school chaplain for more support and prayers. Over time, we started to notice a difference in Winnie. She was no longer withdrawn and her confidence levels started to rise. In time, she gave her life to Christ and the transformation is now very evident in every area of her life including her class performance. She now has a dream of becoming a nurse and she is working very hard to see it come true.
We are encouraged every time we see Winnie for it helps us remember that having God in our lives makes all the difference, no matter the circumstances that surround us. Please join us as we pray that the entire family will also experience the total transformation that only comes from Christ Jesus.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 38 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one on April 25th. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We also thank God for our 11 grade eight students who successfully completed the national primary school exit exam. The exam was held from March 7th-9th. We are trusting God for a 100 percent transition to high school for all our students.
- We appreciate our parents for the support they have given us this term, there is a great improvement compared to the previous terms. Because of this support, all our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions.
- We have 197 unsponsored students, please pray that they will all receive sponsorship.
- Pray for our students as they break for the long holiday, that they will stay safe and be in good health.
- Elections in Kenya will be held in August. Please pray for the peace of our nation Kenya during this politically charged election period.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: