Term 2, 2020
Greetings from Molo. It has been another wonderful term and we thank God for His amazing grace. We are so excited to share some highlights from our center and we are grateful for your love, prayers and support as we continue to work towards restoring hope and transforming lives in the Molo community.
Center Manager, Molo
Total Enrolled: 238 students
Total Unsponsored: 140 students
Sponsor a Child at Molo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Winnie is one of our parents at Missions of Hope International (MOHI) Molo Milimani center and also a staff member working as a cleaner. She is a mother to seven children and out of these, five are students at the center.
When we first started working with Winnie, she was despondent and often appeared depressed. Our Spiritual Development Officer (SDO) took up Winnie’s case and we discovered that she was providing for the children singlehandedly because her husband was an alcoholic. The burden upon her shoulders was proving too great for her to bear alone.
Winnie started having guidance and counseling sessions with the SDO and these were also extended to the home where the husband would be involved. It took a while but Winnie gave her life to Jesus and the change in her has been remarkable. She is definitely happier, her children also come to school looking smart and well taken care of. Her family does not miss church and they have become very active there.
Her husband is still on the road to recovery and is yet to yield to the gospel’s call. He is, however, more responsible in terms of providing for his family. We continue to pray for his soul and Winnie’s faith is strong that the Lord will intervene and completely transform his life just as He did hers.
We keep this family in our prayers and trust that they will continue to experience the goodness of the Lord. We thank you for your support that makes it possible for us to minister to families such as Winnie’s. May God bless you.
- We are so grateful that the majority of our learners were able to come back to school after the long break which was caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- We are also very proud of our grade five learners as they have continued to do very well in their studies. They have continued to emerge top in the various tests that we have been doing with the other MOHI centers. We are working to ensure they keep up with this trend.
- We also thank the Lord that most of our parents have realized the need to support their children’s education. These parents have been very cooperative and we thank God for the transformation that we are witnessing in this great community of Molo.
- Provision of finances to enable us to put up a permanent building for our tuition block.
- The speedy registration of our school. The process has taken longer than expected but we are still hopeful that God will do something and that we will soon have our registration certificate.
- The renewal of our energy. That God will give us knowledge and wisdom and even new strategies on how to handle the challenges we encounter on a daily basis even as we continue transforming lives and restoring hope.
- The health of our learners, staff and parents. We are grateful that none were infected by the Covid-19 virus and we pray that they will continue to be in good health.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: