Term 2, 2021
Receive greetings from the Molo Milimani center. We thank God for bringing us this far and we are happy to share this term’s highlights with you. We really appreciate the prayers and support you have accorded us even as we continue serving. May God bless you abundantly.
Headteacher, Molo Milimani
Total Enrolled: 250 students
Total Unsponsored: 99 students
Sponsor a Child at Molo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Benta* just completed her grade four at the Molo Milimani center having joined the MOHI program in 2018 as a grade one student.
The 14-year-old girl is the second born in a family of seven children and she has three other siblings also in MOHI. They live together with their single mother in the community neighboring our school. In the beginning, we noticed that Benta and her siblings would regularly miss school and so our social workers started to follow up with the family.
We realized that Benta’s mother was depressed and overwhelmed by all the parental responsibilities. She is also HIV positive and would oftentimes be too weak to go out and look for work as a result, her children would go without food. This situation had made her give up on life, she stopped taking ARV medicine and as she became weaker, the children were forced to go out and fend for themselves.
We continued with these regular follow-ups and even incorporated the pastor from our local Outreach Hope Church who would pray and share the gospel with her. Since April, there has been a notable difference in the mother’s attitude. She is now a much more responsible parent who comes to the school when called upon to and even attends parents meetings at the school. She has gone back to taking ARVs and as her strength grows, she also goes out looking for casual work so she can provide for her children. She also moved her children to a better, cleaner house and they are very organized now.
With these changes happening at home, we have also seen an improvement in Benta’s academic performance. She no longer misses school and is a focused, hardworking student who is determined to make a better life for herself. She is also supportive at home and steps in to help with the house chores as well as looking after her younger siblings when their mother is away working
We really thank God for the transformation seen in the family.
- We are so grateful that our students have continued to improve in their academic performance, especially our grade five learners. They have emerged as leaders among all MOHI schools and we are working hard to ensure that they remain the best and even do better in their final exams.
- We also thank God for the transformation that has taken place in the lives of our parents. Previously we have had issues with parents being irresponsible. We thank God that most of our parents have really improved and they are really supporting their children with the little they earn. It is our prayer that this trend of cooperation from our parents continues.
- The mentorship program has also been very active this term and learners have responded positively to it. The program is aimed at the holistic development of our students and we will continue to engage in it.
- Pray for total transformation among our parents since we still have some who are drunkards, are not receptive to the gospel and do not go to church. We have been telling them about the love of Christ and we will continue to do so.
- Pray for God’s protection upon our staff, their families, our parents, our pupils and also pray against premature death among our learners.
- Pray that God will provide funds for the construction of permanent structures in our center.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: