Term 1, 2023
It’s yet another term and we are so grateful to Almighty God for giving us another term to continue transforming the Mitangoni community. We thank Him also for your continued partnership and support as we work for Him and His glory. Here are some of the term highlights that we would like to share with you.
Rachel Kavata Tili, Head Teacher Mitangoni.
Total Enrolled: 263 students
Total Unsponsored: 152 students
Sponsor a Child at Mitangoni
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Duncan* is 5 years old and in our Kindergarten class in our Mitangoni Center. He is the last born in a family of 6 children to a single father. Duncan’s mother died when he was a baby leaving his father to take care of the family on his own. We met Duncan during the recruitment process and our social worker noticed that Duncan was of school-going age, but he was not in school.
Duncan took our social worker to his home where they met Duncan’s father. When they spoke, Duncan’s father told our social worker that he had no intention of taking Duncan to school because he cannot afford to keep up with the demands of the public school. He talked about how he was unable to keep up with the requirements of starting school such as buying textbooks. Our social worker reassured him that Missions of Hope was here to help and explained to him who we are and what we do.
Duncan’s father was very pleased to hear about the feeding program at MOHI. He is unable to provide meals for his son daily and many times his son goes a whole day without food and goes to bed hungry. Duncan’s father is most grateful that his youngest has something to eat every day. Duncan receives breakfast and lunch at school and was put on the feeding program which means before he leaves school his social worker ensures that he gets something to eat and goes home with a full stomach, still the next day.
Once Duncan joined our school and found out about Sunday School porridge he has never missed a Sunday. In the process of Duncan joining, his father became curious about where his son goes every Sunday. Soon he too became a member of the church. We continue to pray for this family that they may further get to know the Lord and the love that He has for them.
*Name was changed
- We had an interclass soccer tournament. Our students competed against one another and had a whole day of competition and fun.
- Our Grade 6 girls and boys went to MOHI’s Angaza Discovery Camp located at Kenya’s coast. Our students were so excited for the experience as many things were new such as being on a bus for the first time. They came back with lots of stories and many memories.
- 52 boys and girls from our center competed in the regional athletics and track competition. 27 of them qualified for the next round. Congratulations to them and we wish them good luck!
- We were pleased to have a group from our partners at Stadia visit our Center. They interacted with our students for the day and we enjoyed their company.
- We were so grateful for Christ Church of the Valley (AZ) church who visited the Centre and spent time with the children interacting with them and getting to know them. From this two of our children received sponsors! Thank God for his goodness.
- We had an evangelism training session with the community where 30 people attended. They then went into the community to evangelize and 2 people gave their lives to Christ! Praise God!
- We also had leadership training this term with our leaders and members of the community that wanted to learn. It was a great training and those in attendance learned a lot.
- Pray for the community to know and love Jesus.
- Pray for our athletics as they prepare for the next round that God will give them victory and the opportunity to proceed up to the national competitions.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: