Term 3, 2022
Greetings from Mitangoni Centre! Thank God for another great term. We would like to share some of the highlights with you. We are grateful for your support and partnership to ensure the Mitangoni community is transformed holistically.
Total Enrolled: 232 students
Total Unsponsored: 17 students
Sponsor a Child at Mitangoni
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
John* is a grade 5 student at Missions of Hope Mitangoni Center. John is the firstborn in his family of 3 boys. He lives with his two brothers who are all MOHI students at Mitangoni Center. Their mother is a single mom and does not have a job. She depends on casual labor like digging in peoples’ gardens and washing clothes for pay in the nearby shopping center.
After the end of the first school holiday, John and his siblings didn’t come back to school. Their family’s social worker visited their home tirelessly, but the door was always closed with no one to tell her the whereabouts of the family. Upon following up with other members of the community, one of them told her that the boys and their mother were waking up very early to go begging in the streets of the nearby town of Mombasa. The social worker had to visit the family at night when they were back. On arrival, she instructed the mother, together with the boys, to visit the school the following day.
After John and his brothers reported back to school, John began to explain to their social worker what they were doing on the streets. They talked about the dangers involved in being on the streets and had some counseling sessions. The social worker also took time to talk to the mother and she agreed that she would never go back to the streets and promised to work hard to provide for her children.
John later gave his life to Christ and he had been consistently attending Sunday service together with his mother and his two younger brothers. On the 22nd of September, John was baptized!
He and his family members are no longer going to the streets to beg.
We give God all the glory for the transformation of John and his family. May they continue to see God’s glory in their lives.
*Names have been changed.
- Our Center recruited Scouts and Girl Guides this term. They are doing very well in performing their duties.
- Grades 3, 4, and 5 participated in an inter-class athletic competition whereby grade 5 boys took position 1 in relays and grade 4 girls won relays.
- We had a netball match between the grade 3 girls and the grade 5 girls. Grade 3 took position one.
- Medics from Pathway Church visited and conducted a one-day dental clinic. A total of 52 patients were attended to. We give the Lord the glory since there are no hospitals nearby to get such services.
- We also hosted the CCV (Christ’s Church of the Valley) medical team. They did a one-day medical camp and 201 students were screened. The parents were grateful for their service.
- We were pleased to have the CCV Senior Pastor and his wife visit us. They laid the foundational stones for the new school building. The new building will serve the community well, as currently, we have limited space.
- Pray for God’s financial provision for the ongoing school construction projects.
- Pray for a permanent water solution both in the school and the community.
- Pray for the Mitangoni community to fully depend on God and give their lives to Christ.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: