Term 4, 2021
Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you. We are so grateful for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 197 students
Total Unsponsored: 197 students
Sponsor a Child at Mitangoni
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Amina is a grade four pupil at our school. Her father died while she was still young and she now lives with her mother and siblings. Amina’s father had been the sole breadwinner for the family and upon his demise, the family was thrust into poverty.
We got to know about this family during routine home visits in the village. On the day we visited the home, the social worker did not find the mother but instead found a young girl feeding other small children with porridge. When asked why she was not in school, Amina said she was sent away for lack of school fees. She told the social worker that the mother tried very hard to put food on the table but it was not always possible and they often slept hungry. The conversation happened outside and the social worker noted the dilapidated structure the family called home.
As a center, we came together and decided to contribute food items which we took to Amina’s mother as a surprise package. The food was enough to take the family through the month and this act put a smile on the family’s face. Some colleagues also committed themselves to buying iron sheets and to helping the widow build her mud house. We then shared the love of Christ with her and she gave her consent to have Amina join the school. We continue to walk closely with this family and we thank God for using us to offer the tangible, practical love of Christ.
We are looking forward to transforming more lives in our community as we continue to serve.
- Our grade four students successfully participated in an agricultural project as part of the new curriculum learnings. The project was very successful.
- Our students participated in an in-house, inter-grade spelling competition and grade two emerged as the winners.
- We are proud of the English club that has continually arranged for debates every Tuesday. This has really sharpened our students’ communication skills.
- We appreciate the visit from Mountain Christian Church. They went around the school facilities, took photos of all the classes and also took photos with our students.
- A team from CCV also toured the church and spent time interacting with students and staff alike.
- Pray for the protection of our learners as they come to and from school every day.
- Pray that the Mitangoni community will embrace the gospel as it is preached to them and that they will get to know God more for themselves.
- Pray for the health of our students and their families as well as all our staff members.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: