Term 3, 2021
Greetings from Mitangoni center! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through Christ.
Total Enrolled: 188 students
Total Unsponsored: 188 students
Sponsor a Child at Mitangoni
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Viola is a student at the Mitangoni center having joined the school in August 2021. She is a very focused girl and loves education.
Our social worker met Viola in the village carrying a jerrycan of water and she greeted her. Since the child was wearing a school uniform on a school day and yet she was not in school, she engaged her in a conversation. Viola told her that she had been sent home to collect school fees and our social worker asked to accompany her home so she could talk to the parents. When they got there, Viola’s mother was home engaging in her business of selling the local brew. After the social worker talked to her about the MOHI program Viola’s mother immediately agreed to have her join the school.
With regular follow-up and home visits, the family is now also actively involved in the school church (Trinity Chapel – Mitangoni). Viola’s elder sister serves in the ushering ministry while Viola is part of the Sunday school class. We are still walking with the family and we are sure as we continue to share the love of Christ with them, an even greater transformation will be witnessed.
We thank God for the opportunity to serve in this community and we are looking forward to impacting more families through their children.
- Our school started on 28th July 2021 and our pupils have settled in well.
- All our term activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions.
- Having a church within the school has been a true blessing. The staff, the students, their parents, and the community at large now have a place to come for spiritual nourishment.
- We were pleased to have a team from Christ Church of the Valley tour our center and spend time with our learners.
- Pray for the continued good health of our students, their families, and staff members.
- Pray for security within the Mitangoni community and the safety of our staff as they go into the community and mingle with residents.
- Pray for the political stability of our nation Kenya, especially as we prepare for an election year in 2022.
- Pray for funds to go towards the construction of our own school premises.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: