Term 3, 2021
Receive greetings from the Mathare North family. We are grateful to God for carrying us through this school term. We are glad to get another wonderful opportunity to share some of our successes and highlights with you. God bless you and thank you for your partnership as we continue to serve the Mathare North community.
Headteacher, Mathare North
Total Enrolled: 1007 students
Total Unsponsored: 427 students
Sponsor a Child at Mathare North
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Maria is an orphan who was raised by an adoptive parent *Carolyne, who took her in years ago from the streets where she was living after losing her parents. The now 22-year-old was still a small child when Carolyne took her in and made her part of her family of ten. Carolyne was not well-to-do and was in fact struggling to make ends meet, but she opted to let this young girl become a part of her family.
Carolyne enrolled Maria as a kindergarten student to MOHI’s Bondeni school but she later transferred her to the Mathare North center where she completed her primary school education in 2013. She went on to high school and MOHI ensured she had everything she needed to successfully complete her education. Maria has always been a hardworking student and she attained a B- which earned her direct admission to university where she is an undergraduate mass communications student. MOHI has been by her side to ensure her university fees are paid and we look forward to her graduation come 2022.
Right now, Maria lives alone having moved out of Carolyne’s home in a bid to stand on her own two feet. She is able to do casual jobs that enable her to pay her bills and offer whatever support she can to Carolyne, even as she continues with her studies.
We thank God for the progressive transformation the young lady has been able to realize through MOHI, not forgetting the generous support from its partners. All glory to God!
- We are overjoyed to let you know that all our former grade eights students, for the year 2020, have transited to secondary school.
- It has taken the hand of God to achieve 100% transition and we really thank you for partnering with us in praying for them as well as funding their primary school education. May the Lord bless you.
- We are happy to inform you that we managed to recruit 105 pupils to join our kindergarten class. The little kids have brought a lot of joy to the school since they are very innocent and so playful. They are so excited to start their new school life.
- We are so grateful to God for He has protected both the children and staff from covid. We are doing our best to observe the measures set by the government of Kenya to keep all of us safe.
- Our staff attended a medical camp offered by a team of doctors from the US, in conjunction with pastors from Christ’s Church of the Valley – Arizona. The week-long camp was held at MOHI’s Pangani center.
- We request you to join us in praying for one of our children in grade one called Ramuel Daniel who has been diagnosed with cancer of the blood. He has been undergoing treatment in one of the hospitals in Kenya where he was admitted in July to date.
- Pray with us that God may provide resources for the renovation of our school building so that the learners may go back to their comfortable classrooms and also help in cutting down the rental cost.
- Continue praying for the provision of families of Mathare North. Many parents are really struggling to make ends meet since they lost their sources of income due to the effects of covid.
- Keep all our students in your prayers that God may take them through the whole school journey safely.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: