Term 1, 2023
Calvary greetings from Madoya. We would like to thank you for your support and partnership as we bring transformation to the Madoya community through the love of Jesus Christ. It has been a successful first term of the year and we are grateful to God for his mercies and grace. Here are some of the highlights we would like to share with you.
Robert Kiio, Head Teacher Madoya.
Total Enrolled: 795 students
Total Unsponsored: 245 students
Sponsor a Child at Madoya
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Eva* is 12 years old and in grade 6. She is the first born of a family of three children who all live with their parents in the Madoya community.
In the previous years Eva was absent from school very often and her teachers couldn’t pinpoint the cause of the issue. Eva’s social worker went to investigate the matter. When they arrived at Eva’s home. They found Eva playing outside with other children who do not go to school.
When our social worker asked Eva’s parents why Eva had been missing school they said that she has been refusing to go to school and they cannot force her. So they have allowed her to play outside with other children. Eva’s social worker took Eva’s parents through some counseling sessions and the rights that a child has. They discussed discipline and encouraging children to do the right thing at all times.
At first only Eva’s mother was concerned about helping Eva make the right choices, but as the social worker came frequently Eva’s father became more and more interested and eventually he became the forerunner for this cause. After this Eva’s behavior changed and her attendance improved.
Eva’s family became more involved with MOHI’s programs and even joined the local church. They took advantage of the information availed by MOHI and soon Eva’s father got the idea to start rearing pigs for sale. This has changed their economic situation and now he is able to provide for his family.
We thank God for Eva and for the transformation we have seen in her family.
*Name has been changed
- We thank God for allowing us to be approved by the ministry of education to be able to run a junior secondary school as part of the new curriculum within our Center. The grade 7s were able to join and get settled into school.
- We thank God for the drama festival team. They went to compete against other schools in the region. Our team did well and qualified for the next round. Congratulations team and all the best in the next round.
- Pray for financial provision for our parents that they may be able to provide for their children.
- Pray for one of our students in Grade 6 who is ailing from sickle cell anemia and admitted at a hospital in Nairobi. We pray for God’s healing hand.
- Pray for our staff. May God continue to give them the grace to continue to serve the community in Madoya.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: