Term 4, 2022
Calvary greetings from Madoya Centre! We are so grateful for the opportunity to serve the Madoya community this term and for the successful completion of another term. We thank you for your continued support and partnership that allows us to serve our students and their families. Here are some of the highlights of this term.
Head Teacher Madoya
Total Enrolled: 788 students
Total Unsponsored: 155 students
Sponsor a Child at Madoya
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Linda* was born and raised in the Madoya community in a place called Ngei One. She is the firstborn of a family of 5. Linda is now an adult, but when she was still young she was placed in charge of her younger siblings because her mother and father were not financially able to.
It was upon Linda to make sure that all of her siblings were educated. Linda was relying on casual labor to provide for her siblings and for her own family of two children. She was so thankful when MOHI social workers met her and recruited all 4 of her school-going siblings and her two children who are in Kindergarten and high school.
Taking care of 6 children was a great burden on Linda and things only got harder when her father fell ill and needed her to buy his medication. This was when MOHI social workers went to talk to the HR department to see if there was a job opening for Linda to help her financially support both families.
The HR department recruited Linda as a cleaner at our Korogocho Grogan Center. This has been instrumental in Linda’s life. She can now educate both her siblings and her own children. Not to mention that she can now afford to buy medicine for her father. We are thankful for all the opportunities at MOHI to help those who really need it.
*Name was changed
- Our under 10 and under 13 soccer teams have been attending tournaments with other schools. This has given them a chance to interact with students from other schools and practice their skills.
- We are glad that 23 of our students from the new believers class were baptized this term!
- Rocky Mountain Christian Church came to visit. There were many activities that they did with the students such as hiking with the grade 8, community visits where they gave food baskets and other gifts. They had VBS with the grade 4 students and had first aid and fire response training for the scouts and staff members.
- We thank God for our grade 6 and 8 students who sat for their national exams. We wish them all the best as they transition to new chapters of their lives.
- Pray over the drought and famine situation in our country that has made it difficult for families to put food on the table.
- Pray for the entire MOHI staff for God to continue giving them grace and strength to serve vulnerable communities
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: