Term 2, 2020
Greetings from Madoya! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. The work we do would not be possible without your continued support and we thank God for you. We pray that He will continue to strengthen us as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Center Manager, Madoya
Total Enrolled: 773 students
Total Unsponsored: 343 students
Sponsor a Child at Madoya
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Fifteen-year-old Pamela is a grade eight pupil at Missions of Hope International (MOHI) Madoya center.
Pamela joined the MOHI program in 2015 as a grade two pupil and had been a model student until she got to the upper classes. We noticed that her behavior was changing, that her grades were dropping and that she was not showing any interest in her studies. We followed up on this issue and realized that Pamela was keeping company with peers known for engaging in numerous vices within the community.
Together with her parents and her social worker, interventions were put in place to have her reform. Counseling sessions were started and within a short time, Pamela had started to show positive behavior change. She was once more focused on her studies having realized that education was going to be instrumental to her having a hope-filled future. Of her own volition, Pamela stopped interacting with the wrong company and there was a noticeable improvement in her academic performance.
Pamela is among thousands of students who sat for their national primary school exit exams this March (2021). We are positive that she will do well in her exams and that she will transition to high school without any challenges. We thank God for the transformation we have witnessed in her life.
- We had a successful prayer day held for all grade eight learners. This was to help them mentally prepare to sit for their national exams which they did in March.
- We are happy to be back at our Madoya center after being hosted briefly by our sister school in Mabatini.
- We successfully took all our learners, from kindergarten to grade seven, through continuous assessment and end of term exams.
- For all our grade eight learners who are now set to move on to high school. We pray that they will all pass and make this transition without any challenges.
- Pray for the entire Madoya community that it will experience total spiritual transformation and economic growth.
- For our staff that God will continue giving them His grace and favor as they serve families living in Madoya.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: