Term 2, 2021
Greetings from the Madoya center. Another amazing school term has come to an end and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Total Enrolled: 688 students
Total Unsponsored: 341 students
Sponsor a Child at Madoya
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Abby* is among thousands of grade eight students who sat for the 2020 national primary education exit exam. Abby had been a good student at the Madoya center and her teachers were hopeful that she would do well in her finals.
She comes from a dysfunctional family where the mother is a drunkard and her father is harsh towards his daughter. The two are separated and Abby lives with her father. He wanted to marry Abby off and when she refused, he banished her to the family’s rural home. We tried to intervene and have the girl come back to Nairobi so she can continue with her studies, but he would not hear of it. It grieved us that since October 2020, Abby was forced to stay out of class, yet she was set to take the major exam in March 2021.
Abby came back to Nairobi a few days before the exams and was housed by our headteacher. During this period, we were able to trace an aunt and after she finished the exams, she went to live with her. Abby put in a lot of effort and in the end, she managed an average score that will see her go to high school. We have now made a recommendation to have her join MOHI’s Joska girls high school and we are hopeful that with her in the boarding school, she will have peace of mind and be able to better focus on her studies.
Abby’s story is one of transformation because, despite all the challenges she faced, she has remained resilient and determined. She listened to all the guidance and counseling that our social workers offered her and she is determined to rise above the challenges and achieve her dreams. We have walked this far with her and we will continue to do so. We are grateful that she has hope for a better future and also has the drive to make it come true.
Please keep Abby in your prayers as we work together to secure her high school education. Also, keep her parents in your prayers and especially pray that her father will soften his stance towards her.
- We are proud that our center has been registered fully by the Ministry of Education as an examination center. This means our grade eight students no longer have to take their national primary school exit exams at a different center.
- All our grade eight students who took their national exams did well and will be transitioning to high school. We are really excited about that!
- Our youngest learners have successfully completed their preschool education and have now moved on to grade one. We held a colorful graduation ceremony to mark this occasion.
- After a long time, we were so excited to receive guests from Rocky Mountain Christian Church. We had a great time hosting this team and having them interact with our learners and staff alike.
- We thank God for our partners who have been sending gifts of food baskets and birthday cakes to their sponsored children!
- For all our grade eight learners who are now set to move on to high school. We pray that they will all pass and make this transition without any challenges.
- Pray for the entire Madoya community that it will experience total spiritual transformation and economic growth.
- For our staff that God will continue giving them His grace and favor as they serve families living in Madoya.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: