Term 2, 2022
Greetings from the Mabatini center! Another amazing school term has come to a close and we want to share some of the highlights. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 962 students
Total Unsponsored: 372 students
Sponsor a Child at Mabatini
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Being hopeless in life is common in many parts of the Mathare Valley, and most children have no choice but to be subjected to it. This is the type of situation that children like *Kirk frequently find themselves in.
Kirk grew up with nobody to protect him from the harsh realities of life. From a really young age, he came to accept that life is all about survival. Born 11 years ago in an area not so far from the Mathare Valley, Kirk found himself in a low-income family where it was a struggle to meet basic needs. Like many other children and families in the area, Kirk became accustomed to having just one meal per day, and he would sometimes end up going to sleep on an empty stomach.
Kirk never experienced any element of hospitality until MOHI opened its doors in Mabatini, where he was enrolled as a kindergarten student in 2016. At the center, the feeding program was an answer to one of his prayers and it gave him a lot of encouragement in his studies.
We have seen Kirk grow into a cheerful, God-loving, and hardworking boy and he is currently in grade four. Kirk’s goal is to work hard in school, succeed in life and then transform his whole family. He is a living source of hope to his parents.
Ever since Kirk, through the constant intervention of the social workers, was taught the culture of regular school attendance – he has fully embraced this. He is a hardworking student who looks forward to improving his education and spiritual life.
We are privileged to serve in this community and we pray that God will continue to use us as vessels of hope for the families we work with.
- We successfully registered our grade six and grade eight students for the national exam they are to do in November. We are glad that all other academic calendar activities went on as envisioned.
- We had new kindergarten students join the school and they are so excited. The first week was tough for them because of being separated from their parents, but now they are used to the school environment and they look forward to coming to school every day to learn.
- We had 30 of our scouts hold a camp out at the Karura Forest. This activity helps our students learn life skills and instills positive behavior in them.
- We had our partners from Pathway Christian Church visit the center.
- They conducted VBS for pupils from kindergarten to grade four.
- They hosted an appreciation lunch for staff members.
- They did home visits to the homes of eight sponsored children and the families were blessed with food baskets
- The Waterford family were also our guests and they had a good time with the students in class. They engaged them in some academic activities which were beneficial to the students.
- Pray for funds so we can have the construction of our school block completed.
- Pray that our 372 unsponsored students will get sponsors.
- Join us in praying for peaceful elections come August 9th as well as a seamless transition of government.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: