Term 1, 2022
We give glory to God for helping us complete another school term. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through Christ. Here are some of the success highlights we want to share with you.
Total Enrolled: 949 students
Total Unsponsored: 365 students
Sponsor a Child at Mabatini
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Laura is a single mother of four and a grandmother of two. She is a parent at the Mabatini center.
Before coming to live in the Mabatini community, she lived in a different part of Nairobi in an environment where the sale of drugs and illegal liquor was rampant. She was one of the vendors of this illicit brew and she would use the proceeds to take care of her family. Her life, however, took a different turn after she was jailed for three months and when she was released from prison, she found her eldest daughter had dropped out of school and was pregnant.
Laura immediately moved her family from that area and they came to live in Mabatini where a neighbor helped her secure a job. With the earnings from her first salary, she relocated her pregnant daughter to the family’s rural home where she would have a greater support system.
It was in 2013 that Laura met social workers from MOHI and this meeting led to her two sons being recruited to join the Mabatini school. She also benefited from the skills training program offered by MOHI where she took up soap making which changed her economic dynamics. We taught Laura the importance of saving and she embraced the concept since she desired to open her own grocery store. Her dream has since come true and Laura has a store where she sells bananas in wholesale and retail. Her children have also continued to thrive in their different capacities; one of her sons is set to join university and the other sat for his grade eight national exams in March and should be joining high school.
Laura has become an encouragement to many parents who, like she once was, are uncertain of what the future holds. Her story is a testimony to many single mothers of what focus and determination can achieve. Laura is yet to give her life to Christ but she is very receptive to the Gospel every time we speak to her. Please keep her in your prayers that she will take this step towards realizing total transformation in her life.
- All our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions. All our students successfully sat for their end-of-term exams and will be moving onto the next grade. Glory be to God.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 89 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one on April 25th. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We also thank God for our grade eight students who successfully completed the national primary school exit exam. The exam was held from March 7th-9th. We are trusting God for a 100 percent transition to high school for all our students.
- Pray that our 365 unsponsored students will receive sponsorship.
- Pray for our students as they break for the long holiday, that they will stay safe and be in good health.
- Pray for funds to help us complete the school building so that we can have space to recruit more students.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: