Term 4, 2021
We give glory to God for helping us complete the fourth term of the 2021 school year. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you. We are grateful for your support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. God bless you.
Total Enrolled: 952 students
Total Unsponsored: 36 students
Sponsor a Child at Mabatini
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Karl and *Peter are students at our center. Karl completed his grade eight in March this year and is now in grade nine while Peter is in grade seven.
A few years ago, the boys used to live with both parents in the Mabatini area. Life was fine back then because their father had a job and was able to provide for his family. He, however, started to change and would not spend time at home. No one knew where he was since he never communicated his whereabouts and if their mother enquired, it would result in a fight.
Eventually, the father told the boys and their mother to pack up and leave Nairobi. He wanted them to move to their rural home while he remained in Nairobi. Although the mother first resisted this directive, she did not have a choice but to oblige. In their rural home, the family really struggled with hunger since the man hardly sent money to sustain them. The children could not find a school to enroll in as well.
This prompted the mother to move back to Nairobi and she found that her husband had moved out of their previous residence into a smaller rental house in a different area. When she asked to move in with her husband, he refused and asked her to either go back to their upcountry home or simply get some other place to live. She decided to stay in Nairobi and raise her boys alone.
It was a really difficult time for this family of three as the mother struggled to make ends meet. It was during this time that we got to know about this family’s situation. We enrolled the boys into our school and after some deliberations were made, their mother was offered a job as a cleaner at the center. Being a hard-working, determined woman, this opportunity has made it possible for her to provide for her children.
Today, Karl and Peter are doing well since their mother can afford to cater for their food, pay rent and clothing. We are grateful to God as we see how He has used MOHI to make a difference in this family’s life.
- Our main focus this term has been on indoor activities since we are yet to go back to outdoor based activities. On this, we are grateful for our student’s understanding and cooperation.
- We thank God for our grade three, four and five learners who successfully completed their practical lessons as part of the new curriculum requirements. They showed a lot of creativity in cooking traditional foods, making beadwork, singing folk songs among other activities.
- We were happy to have two vision teams visit our center this term. They interacted with our students and staff and also made community visits.
- Pray for financial provision so that our school building will be complete and we can accommodate more learners.
- We have 36 unsponsored children. Please pray that they will receive sponsorship.
- Pray for our grade eight learners as they prepare to sit for the national primary school exit exam in March 2022.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: