Term 3, 2021
We give glory to God for helping us complete another term. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you. We appreciate the support that you have continued to give us. May God bless you richly.
Total Enrolled: 964 students
Total Unsponsored: 270 students
Sponsor a Child at Mabatini
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
The *Ambani family has been a part of the MOHI family since 2016. The children are all students in Mabatini in grades four, three, two, and kindergarten. The parents have always been committed and responsible in taking care of their children.
The family lived in the community right next to our school and they had a shop which was their source of income. Their lives were, however, disrupted following the post-election violence that broke out in 2018 as a result of the disputed 2017 elections. Insecurity was very high in the Mabatini area and sadly, the Ambanis’ shop was among properties destroyed at this time. Determined to keep his family safe, Ambani decided to relocate them to their rural home which was safe. He kept us informed of this decision and we, in turn, remained in contact with the family during this time and even after they left Nairobi.
In 2019, Ambani came back to Nairobi on his own to look for a job. We thank God that he was employed by a fish packaging firm and within a few months, he was able to bring his wife and children back to Nairobi. We immediately re-admitted the children back to school and encouraged the mother to pursue the nursing course she had in mind to do. Right now she has finished her course and is on attachment at a government hospital where she is hopeful to get employed.
The family is thankful for the role MOHI played in being a source of encouragement when things went horribly wrong for them. They are especially appreciative that we were willing to take back their children, once they came back to Nairobi, and of how hard our teachers worked to help them catch up with their studies.
We celebrate the doing of the Lord in this family and for the way they stand out as a model family for the community we serve.
- This term we have not been able to hold any external sporting events due to covid restrictions. Our students were however actively engaged in internal activities such as indoor games.
- Our staff attended a medical camp offered by a team of doctors from the US, in conjunction with pastors from Christ’s Church of the Valley – Arizona. The week-long camp was held at MOHI’s Pangani center.
- Pray against premature death and that our staff, children, and their parents shall have a long, productive life.
- Pray for our grade eight students who are working hard to prepare for their national primary school exit exam scheduled for early next year.
- Pray that God will continue protecting us from covid and that He will heal all those who are sick.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: