Term 2, 2021
Greetings from the Mabatini center. We have come to the end of another term marking the end of the 2020 school year and looking forward to a fruitful 2021 school year. We really appreciate your support this far as we partner together to transform lives through the hope of Christ.
Total Enrolled: 837 students
Total Unsponsored: 314 students
Sponsor a Child at Mabatini
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Ella* is a parent at the Mabatini center with two children in grades five and three. She is also a guardian to her younger siblings.
Ella became a guardian at a young age having been forced to assume this role following the death of her parents. However, without proper education, it was a challenge to make ends meet because the casual jobs she was doing paid very poorly. She was living in a rural village at the time and she decided to come try her luck in Nairobi. Once she got here finding a job was not possible due to her lack of skills and in time she opted to venture into prostitution. Her two children were born as a result of this trade.
After we enrolled her children in the MOHI program, we started to counsel Ella. Our social workers would conduct regular home visits where they would share the love of Christ and dissuade her from her chosen trade. In time, Ella agreed to stop prostituting herself and she used the money she had been earning to set up a produce stand. As her business grew, Ella started to feel better about herself and she is determined never to go back to her former lifestyle. Her income may not be as much, but at least now she is providing a decent life for her family.
Join us as we continue to pray for Ella that she will give her life to Christ and in so doing experience a truly holistic transformation.
- Our grade eight students sat for their national primary school exit exams. We had two students who did really well and they have secured a slot at two of Kenya’s top schools! This has brought a lot of excitement to us as a school!
- With the new norm brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, we engaged our students in internal co-curricular activities. These involved activities such as debate, chess and spelling bee competitions.
- Thank God with us as we celebrate the ongoing construction taking place at our center. We really look forward to its completion so we can better accommodate our students and hopefully take on more learners.
- Pray for all the learners who sat for their national primary school exit exams that they will adapt to high school life and settle in school without any hitches.
- Pray for all our learners that God will keep them safe in the community as they come to and from school.
- Pray also that their parents will be able to provide for their children.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: