Term 2, 2022
Receive greetings from the Kosovo center! We are thankful to God for your prayers and the support you have given us all through this school year. It is our joy to share this term’s highlights with you even as we thank God for His sufficient grace that has enabled us to reach out, serve and minister to more souls.
Total Enrolled: 1043 students
Total Unsponsored: 308 students
Sponsor a Child at Kosovo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Tom is a grade nine student at MOHI’s Ndovoini center and an alumnus at our Kosovo center where he has been a student from kindergarten to grade eight. He has an older sister and together they live with their father and mother in the Kosovo community.
Tom’ family has had many economic challenges because the father is the sole provider and he relies on irregular casual jobs as his means of income. The mother has struggled with depression for many years and it has hampered her ability to work. Before MOHI came into the picture, Tom was not guaranteed to have three meals a day. He had also gotten into the wrong company that was encouraging him to take drugs and join them in the streets.
After we recruited Tom, we started conducting follow-ups and counseling sessions with him. At the time, he would disappear from home for several days and would also not come to school. As he started enjoying two nutritious meals at school, being actively engaged in various school activities and receiving guidance and mentorship, Tom started to mend his ways. He joined the school’s dancing club and also started serving in the student-led Christian Union as a drummer.
When we see how far Tom has come, we truly give God all the glory. Today the young man is completely transformed. Together with his parents, he attends a local church where he participates in the Sunday School worship and helps to teach Bible lessons. This young man who really enjoys playing soccer is also a focused and dedicated student who is working hard to become a doctor in the future.
We really thank God for this great transformation!
- We are thankful to the Lord that our school is now powered by reliable solar power panels. Having lighting has made learning and working in classrooms, offices, the library and the computer lab more conducive and motivating!
- We are happy to have recruited 16 students to join various grades and 66 kindergarten students this new term. We look forward to bringing holistic transformation into their lives and those of their families.
- Our scout’s club was awarded certificates for emerging the best during a regional school competition. They are motivated to continue championing positive discipline development in others and the conservation of the environment.
- We had 11 interns from CMF attend the June 2022 Saturday Ignite program that was held for grade six, seven and eight pupils. They joined the students in group Bible discussions, prayers and a time of praise and worship.
- Pray for our grade six and eight students as they prepare to sit for their national exams in November. Please pray that they will pass these exams and successfully transition to the next stage of their education.
- Pray for the provision of resources to enable us to construct a playground on the rooftop of our school. This will give students space to participate in outdoor lessons, physical fitness activities, and mentorship sessions among other activities.
- Pray for the continued success, good health and general well-being of all our students, their families and our staff members.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: