Term 1, 2022
We are thankful for the care, faithfulness, protection and care God has shown to us during this school term. We appreciate your continuous support, prayers and mobilization of resources as we reach out to more in our communities to transform lives through the hope of Christ!
Total Enrolled: 1071 students
Total Unsponsored: 373 students
Sponsor a Child at Kosovo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Mark and *Janice are a couple who have lived in the Kosovo community for more than 10 years. They both do not have regular jobs and it is a challenge to provide for their four children.
We learned about this family when social workers doing home visits found them at their home. The two said they could barely afford to feed their children, pay rent and pay for the children’s education. As a result, their children were not in school and had little hope of ever getting an education. After praying with the couple, sharing with them the Word of God and encouraging them, they then informed Mark and Janice that their three older children would be recruited to MOHI.
It was a tremendous relief for the couple and today their children are in grade nine, grade one and kindergarten. The social workers continued conducting home visits with the couple praying with them and offering words of encouragement. As we continued to interact with the family we noticed that there was marital conflict. The father would use his hard-earned money to go on drinking sprees instead of providing for his wife and children. Then he would take out his frustrations on his wife, battering her and kicking her and the children out of the house when he came back.
We thank God because things changed after our staff intervened and started offering guidance and counseling to the couple. We also shared the Gospel with them and prayed for them. Eventually, Mark was convinced and he stopped drinking, he became a responsible husband and father. Today the family attends the OHC church in Kosovo and they are regular members. The children are also very active in the school programs and we are happy with their academic progress.
It is our prayer that this family will experience total transformation and that the parents will surrender their lives to Christ.
- We are thankful that our grade six students got to spend time at the Angaza Discovery Camp. Since they came back, they have shown great commitment to reading God’s word and in praying. They are also exhibiting positive behavior change and are being good role models to the rest of the students in the school.
- We also thank God for our 90 grade eight students who successfully completed the national primary school exit exam. The exam was held from March 7th-9th. We are trusting God for a 100 percent transition to high school for all our students.
- We held a colorful graduation ceremony for our 102 kindergarten students who are set to join grade one in April. It has been exciting watching these young ones learn how to read and write.
- We were excited to have a Sports Ministry vision team from CMF International visit our center. They fundraised for solar power installation which will help our students have lights in classrooms, attend computer and library lessons and enhance the smooth running of all school activities.
- We appreciate the First Church of Christ team who visited us and conducted VBS for over 600 students. The students had a great time engaging in music, crafts and other activities. It was such a wonderful experience!
- Pray for the unsponsored 373 students that they too will receive sponsorship.
- Pray for funds to complete the ongoing construction at the school building structure and painting.
- Pray for our students as they break for the long holiday, that they will stay safe and be in good health.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: