Term 4, 2021
We are thankful to God for your prayers and support all through this school year and it is our joy to share this term’s highlights with you. God bless you for the continuous support, prayers, and partnership you offer as we reach out and transform more lives.
Total Enrolled: 1083 students
Total Unsponsored: 373 students
Sponsor a Child at Kosovo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Caleb and *Janet are one of the families we serve at our center. They have six children in our programs and they are part of God’s great doing in the community.
Our social workers met this couple in the community during home visits and learned that they both relied on casual jobs to fend for their family. As a result, the children were out of school for lack of school fees and at times, the family would go for days without food while paying rent was an uphill task.
We immediately recruited the six children and they started benefiting from the feeding program, quality education, and spiritual nourishment offered at MOHI. The social workers continued to meet with, encourage and pray for the couple and the two eventually gave their lives to Christ. They got plugged into a local church and Caleb now serves as a pastor, Janet is very involved in the women’s ministry and the children are all active in Sunday school ministry.
Janet is now doing laundry work while Caleb works as a caretaker. Through economic empowerment sessions with MOHI staff, the couple has embraced the aspect of saving. They are now able to pay rent and meet the family’s basic needs. They currently have one child pursuing a tertiary course, two children in high school, and the rest are still with us at the center. This family also relates well with other community members and they are a good role model for other families to emulate.
We thank God for the holistic transformation witnessed in this family.
- We are proud of our students from kindergarten to grade five who are actively engaged in the new competency based curriculum. They are doing especially well in the practical lessons.
- Our grade eight students have shown great improvement in their academics. We are certain they will be ready to sit for the national primary school exit exams come next term.
- Our staff members have continued to work diligently and their commitment has led to increased cooperation between us and the Kosovo community we serve.
- We were pleased to host the Sports Ministry Vision team who toured our center and surveyed the projected playing ground on our building. We look forward to having this completed so that our students can enjoy outdoor activities and games.
- We were excited to have the CCV team who held some training sessions with our teachers. The teachers acquired more knowledge on how to handle students and how to make lessons more interesting.
- Pray for God’s protection, care, and provision for our staff, students, and their families during this festive season and beyond.
- Pray for God’s continuous provision for our partners and MOHI as we look forward to the completion of our school structure to create more classrooms.
- Pray for our grade eight students as they prepare to sit for the national primary school exit exams in March 2022.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: