Term 3, 2021
We thank God for making this school term a success and we are so excited to share the term highlights with you. We are so appreciative of your continuous support, partnership and prayers as we seek to serve, reach out and transform more lives in our communities.
Total Enrolled: 1094 students
Total Unsponsored: 255 students
Sponsor a Child at Kosovo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Clara’s story is one that fills us with joy as we see what a transformed life looks like. She is an alumnus of Kosovo center and has remained very engaged in activities going on at the school even now.
When we recruited Clara to join our school, her family was in a state of upheaval. Her parents had just separated as a result of marital conflict and Clara’s father had left with all their household items. Their mother was left with two small children and an empty house; they had to start from scratch.
Our social workers conducted regular home visits to pray with and encourage the family. Our team provided a strong support system for Clara’s mum and in time, she started to pick herself up, put her faith in God and look for jobs in order to support her family. We also noted that Clara was a bright girl and we encouraged her to focus on her studies. She vowed to work hard in school so that she could one day help her mother.
True to her word, Clara scored above average in her grade eight exams and MOHI stepped in to ensure she transitioned successfully into high school. After four years of secondary education, Clara’s final grade was a B+ which gave her automatic entry into university. She is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce and Statistics degree and MOHI is still at hand to ensure she has everything she needs for her college education. Clara has risen to become a role model not just to her younger sister but to many other children at our center and in the community at large. She is also very active in her local church where she serves in the choir during Sunday service.
Clara encourages her mother all the time that God is with them and we have seen the Lord use her to bring a smile to this mother’s face. The family is now stronger than ever and full of hope. We give glory to God for all that He has done.
- We are proud of our Environmental Club students who have been participating in community clean-up activities. They have been encouraging the community to embrace cleanliness and good garbage disposal.
- The current grade eight class has shown great improvement in academics and is promising to raise their performance this year.
- We are happy that our newly recruited kindergarten students are communicating in English without difficulty and that they love our rich programs.
- We are grateful to Mountain Christian Church for visiting our center, for encouraging, and for praying with our students. The students had a great time with the team.
- Our staff attended a medical camp offered by a team of doctors from the US, in conjunction with pastors from Christ’s Church of the Valley – Arizona. The week-long camp was held at MOHI’s Pangani center.
- Join us as we trust God for funds to complete the ongoing construction at our center. Once it is ready, we will be able to have a larger school library and a computer lab.
- Pray for us as we prepare our grade eight students to sit for their national primary school exit exam scheduled for early next year.
- Pray that God’s protection, provision, and sufficient grace be upon all our partners, students, parents, communities, and MOHI leaders.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: