Term 2, 2020
Greetings from Kosovo. We thank God for another end of term and we want to share some of the highlights. Thanks for your kind support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through the Hope of Christ.
Center Manager, Kosovo
Total Enrolled: 1058 students
Total Unsponsored: 322 students
Sponsor a Child at Kosovo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Joyce studied at Missions of Hope International (MOHI) Kosovo center from kindergarten to grade eight. She comes from a polygamous family and her father – who works as a casual laborer – is the sole breadwinner for the two families.
Joyce had some disciplinary issues which came about after she started hanging out with the wrong company. She was missing classes and would not listen to advise from her parents or teachers. Joyce was rude and unruly and she eventually dropped out of school altogether. Her parents lost all hope in her and they would not offer her any support saying she was disrespectful towards them. Joyce became unwelcome in her home and she would often stay away.
We decided to intervene to change Joyce’s behavior and bring reconciliation between her and her parents. At least three times a week, we would seek out Joyce and with assistance from social workers and the spiritual development officer offered her counseling sessions. As these sessions continued, Joyce’s behavior started to change. She became more open and willing to listen to instruction and there was a marked improvement in her school work. She then stopped spending time with the wrong company and started interacting with her parents in a respectful manner.
Joyce’s parents were also taken through continuous counseling sessions and they accepted her back home and offered her the needed support. As we led them through discussions of forgiveness, love and acceptance of their child, it provided an avenue for evangelism. We thank God because both parents received Christ as their personal savior and are now very active in their local church.
The parents have remained supportive and are performing their parenting role very well and Joyce has become fully transformed. She was also able to sit through her national exams and transition to high school without any challenges. We really thank God for the changes we continue to witness in Joyce and in her family.
- We are glad that our students performed well in the assessment tests conducted during the term despite having come from a long holiday due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- It was a great achievement to finally introduce the Red Cross club to our learners. We want them to learn first aid so they can know how to handle accidents both at school and at home.
- We have been conducting frequent mentorship sessions for our learners. We are focused on nourishing them spiritually for we know this is the only way they can have genuine transformation in their lives.
- All our grade eight candidates who are preparing for their forthcoming national exam (done in March). Please pray that all our students will transition to high school.
- Completion of our tuition block building. Pray that the remaining work will be finalised quickly and that the learners will have full use of the building.
- The protection and peace of our learners, staff and parents. Pray that they will be empowered and protected as we continue the transformative work of Christ.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: