Term 2, 2021
Greetings from Kosovo! We are thankful to God for seeing all of us through this term. We appreciate your continuous support and prayers as we continue reaching out and transforming lives through the hope of Christ.
Total Enrolled: 1026 students
Total Unsponsored: 253 students
Sponsor a Child at Kosovo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Dan* is a recent alumnus at the Kosovo center and is set to join university this year. He has two younger siblings, who are also students at the school in grades five and two, and he has remained involved in activities at the school.
Dan joined the MOHI program in 2013 as a grade five student. At the time, he was struggling with many issues from home and was not in school. His parents were having marital problems which resulted in the father leaving and later remarrying. His single mother depended on her small-scale reselling business to provide for the family and she was finding it difficult to make ends meet. Dan was recruited after social workers who were visiting the community saw him, on several occasions, strolling around the area when he should have been in school. They learned that the boy was a student at a nearby private school but he had not been in class for a while. We also learned that he had lost all hope and had even attempted suicide because of the many family frustrations he was facing. We thank God that He protected him.
Once Dan became a student at MOHI, we took him through several guidance and counseling sessions as well as prayed with him. It took him a while to get out of the depression he was in, but eventually when he got to grade seven, we started seeing a difference. Dan went on to sit for his national primary school exit exams and he performed well, securing a slot into a good high school. And for the next four years, MOHI continued to support his education. When he sat for his national high school exit exams, in 2020, he scored an A-. He is now among the group waiting to join university this year.
We are so proud of the man that Dan has become; he is responsible, disciplined, hardworking and a dedicated Christian. He does beadwork, plays the piano and is a very active member of his church. He is also a motivational speaker who regularly shares and encourages his siblings, peers and other students to work hard and put their hope in Christ. He is an all-around role model to others in the Kosovo community and we pray for him as he takes this next step towards a better life.
- We are happy with the Christian Union club whose members have been conducting several group activities this term. We are proud to see students sharing the love of Christ with their fellow students.
- We are proud of grade seven students for working hard and showing great improvement in school activities. We look forward to having them join their last primary school grade and to see them successfully transition to high school next year.
- We congratulate our kindergarten students who finished their elementary level education and have just now joined grade one for this new school year.
- We were pleased to have Dick Alexander, and his family members, visit us and conduct art enrichment lessons with grade seven students. The students appreciated this time spent together learning new things.
- Pray for God’s protection and provision for all our students, parents, staff and community during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- We look forward to having the ongoing construction finished so that we can better accommodate our learners. Join us in praying for God to provide the necessary funds.
- Pray for God’s sufficient grace, peace and good leadership in our country, Kenya, during our upcoming national elections.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: