Term 1, 2022
Receive warm greetings from the Korogocho Nyayo family. We give glory to God for helping us complete another school term. Thank you for your support and partnership as we work together to transform lives through Christ. Here are some of the successes and highlights we want to share with you.
Headteacher, Korogocho Nyayo
Total Enrolled: 594 students
Total Unsponsored: 277 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho Nyayo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Viola is a grade five student at the Korogocho Nyayo center, having joined the school in 2016 as a kindergarten student.
The now 13-year-old has lived with her aunt and uncle in Nairobi since she was four years old while her parents live at their rural home. The environment where she lives is not conducive because the uncle is a drunkard who harasses the family when he is under the influence of alcohol. This has affected the girl’s self-esteem so that she is withdrawn and she also started developing disciplinary issues. Her academic performance was also really bad and we became alarmed when she started to neglect her personal hygiene.
The aunt would constantly come to school having been summoned due to her niece’s rudeness and use of abusive language. She shared her frustrations with us saying Viola was also behaving the same at home and that she was at a loss on what to do. We came up with intervention measures that involved counseling and spiritual guidance. The girl was given the opportunity to share her frustrations and she was encouraged to draw closer to God. It has taken a while but slowly we are seeing a change in Viola.
While she is yet to give her life to Christ, Viola now goes to church every Sunday. Her behavior both at home and school is changing and we are happy to see her back to her usual neat, well-groomed self. She is also more focused on her studies and has shown positive improvement in academics. We thank God for the transformation that we have so far witnessed in Viola’s life.
- All our academic calendar activities went on as envisioned and we are grateful that there were no interruptions. All our students successfully sat for their end-of-term exams and will be moving onto the next grade. Glory be to God.
- We are so excited that some 58 boys and girls graduated from kindergarten and will be joining grade one in the coming school term. Congratulations to them as they now join the lower primary section.
- We also thank God for our 55 grade eight students who successfully completed the national primary school exit exam. The exam was held from March 7th-9th. We are trusting God for a 100 percent transition to high school for all our students.
- Pray for the continued good health of our students, parents and staff members.
- Pray for the political stability of our nation Kenya especially as we prepare for an election year – 2022.
- Pray for the families we serve that they will be economically empowered and will live in peace and harmony in their homes and with their neighbors.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: