Term 2, 2021
Receive warm greetings from the entire Korogocho Nyayo family. We are all fine and we bless our Lord Jesus Christ for having guided and protected us throughout this term. We are so grateful for your continued support and prayers. May the good Lord continue keeping you safe during this Covid-19 era. We really look forward to your visit, in the near future, so we can continue sharing the love of God as we transform lives through hope in Christ.
Bob Otieno Omolo
Headteacher, Korogocho Nyayo
Total Enrolled: 562 students
Total Unsponsored: 203 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho Nyayo
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Michael* just completed grade six at the Korogocho Nyayo center. This 13-year-old is the eldest among his two siblings who are also students at the school.
Michael had been a model student until the beginning of the term when he started displaying bad behavior. He joined the wrong company at home and this started having an effect on him such that he even stopped being regular in his school attendance and his performance dropped drastically. What really caught our attention is when we learned that he had converted to Islam and was now attending Madrassa classes every Saturday evening.
With continuous follow-up by the social workers and the teachers issuing guidance and counseling sessions to the learner, we have seen the boy stop keeping the bad company. He also no longer goes for the Islam classes and is back to participating in the school’s devotionals. His academic performance has also improved and we are grateful to God for the positive outcome of this case.
Please join us as we keep Michael in our prayers constantly. We are praying that he will not be lured into joining another faith rather that he will keep the truth of Christ always in his heart.
- We are excited to inform you that our kindergarten learners, all 56 of them, are finally through with the requisite two years of preschool. They have just moved on to grade one during the new school year that just started.
- Our grade eight learners have received admission letters to high school. We are excited to see them make the transition and we have been preparing them for this next phase of their lives.
- Our scout’s club continues to be very active. They have held various activities this term including a visit to the Karura Forest where they participated in a tree planting exercise. This they did as part of an initiative aimed at conserving the environment and ensuring we have a green city. We are very happy to see these young ones take such bold steps towards making a difference in society.
- Pray with all our families and people all over the world that God will continue keeping us safe from Covid-19.
- Remember our families in prayer as we ask the Lord to provide job opportunities and businesses for them. A majority of our families lost their income-earning opportunities due to the effects of the pandemic.
- Pray for good health for all our learners and staff members since this term we have had many cases of people falling sick and even being admitted for treatment in hospitals.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: