Term 1, 2023
Hello. I pray that you are well. We thank God for another term where He has been with us. We would like to share with you some of the highlights of this term. Thank you for supporting and partnering with us as we transform lives through the love of Christ.
Faith Otondi, Head Teacher Korogocho Grogan.
Total Enrolled: 647 students
Total Unsponsored: 276 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho Grogan
For $40/month, or roughly $1.33 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Linn* is 7 years old and in grade 2. She joined kindergarten at our Korogocho GroganCenter in 2020. Linn lives with her aunt now after her grandmother passed away recently. Linn’s mother is a victim of drug abuse. This has led her to living on the streets and being unable to take care for Linn.
Linn’s mother has been an addict for a long time, and struggled to keep clean during her pregnancy with Linn.This gave Linn difficulties learning. Her teachers first noticed that Linn found it difficult to concentrate in class. She was not interested in learning how to read or write. She would spend most of her time scribbling which seemed to make her happy.
Linn’s social worker and teachers decided it would be beneficial to move Linn to the front of the class and have her teachers pay special attention to her. They went to talk to Linn’s parents and equipped them with the tools to help Linn learn even at home. Linn soon began to improve in her school work. She has learned to lead her classmates to sing and in prayer. She has also come to love to serve her fellow classmates. In all of this Linn has made many friends and has become very social. This has made learning fun and she is doing well. At home, Linn’s Aunt testified that the tools have been working. Linn is now able to take on tasks like helping with the dishes all on her own.
We thank God for this transformation and we pray that Linn will grow up to be a valuable person in her society.
*Name has been changed.
- Our grade 6 girls went toMOHI’s Angaza Discovery Camp at the Kenyan coast. They had a wonderful time at the camp learning about God, interacting with nature and swimming in the Indian ocean for the first time. They came back better behaved and with lots of stories and memories.
- We are grateful to our surrounding community who have allowed us to expand the school and build a tuition block. They have already made room for us and we thank God.
- Outlook Christian Church came to visit us. We had a wonderful time interacting with them. They chose to sponsor a few children who didn’t have sponsors, had VBS with the students and encouraged the staff members on the good work that they have been doing.
- Pray for our community that God will provide for them in these difficult economic times so that their standard of living can improve.
- Pray for our students and their families that God will grant them good health as the weather changes.
- Pray for our staff members that God will continue to renew their strength as they serve the community of Korogocho Grogan. Pray that they never get tired of doing the great work that they are doing.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: