Term 4, 2021
We are excited to share some of this term’s successes and highlights with you even as we give thanks to God for seeing us through another school term. We are so very grateful for your continued support and partnership as we continue working together to transform lives through the hope of Christ. May God richly bless you.
Headteacher, Korogocho Grogan
Total Enrolled: 602 students
Total Unsponsored: 273 students
Sponsor a Child at Korogocho Grogan
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
*Arnold is a grade five pupil at the Grogan center. He has three younger brothers – two of whom are also students at the center – and together they live with their parents within the Korogocho community.
When he was in grade two, Arnold’s behavior and attitude towards school changed drastically. He was rude to teachers and to the pupils and was unmanageable in class. He would hit the teacher from the back while teaching was going on and this made the other pupils fear him. His parents tried to discipline him but he was also rude towards them and unwilling to change. They came to school to seek assistance and together we worked out a way to help the boy.
At the school level, we started counseling sessions with him and we put him to task over his misdeeds with the same re-inforced at home. With time, Arnold realized that no one was willing to accommodate his bad behaviors and he chose to come clean about what was happening in his life. He confessed to having friends, outside of MOHI, who had introduced him to drugs. As a result of these interactions, he would end up going home very late in the evening and they were also encouraging him to ditch school.
After many long discussions and counseling sessions, Arnold started to change gradually. We received feedback from the parents that he was now cooperative at home and had become a good role model to his younger brothers. In school, we also noticed a change in his interactions with the teachers and fellow students. He was now respectful and friendly towards his peers.
We have the interaction with Arnold’s parents going strong and this has helped to keep the boy on the right track. With prayers and our additional support, we know he will go on with his studies and make something worthwhile of his life.
Please keep Arnold in your prayers as he navigates his teenage years so that he will stand firm against negative peer pressure.
- We are very proud of our under 14 girls’ football team that emerged victorious in the interschool-friendly tournaments held in the course of the term.
- The under 14 boys’ football team scooped the second position and we also celebrate their achievement.
- We thank God that learning went on without a hitch this entire term. Our students were cooperative and we look forward to another successful year.
- Continue praying for the good health of our students and their families as well as the staff members.
- Pray that our 273 unsponsored children will get sponsorship so they can seamlessly advance in their education.
- Pray for the entire MOHI fraternity, more so the partners, for the good work they have been doing in supporting the students.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: