Term 2, 2021
It is our hope that you are all doing well and keeping safe in the Lord. As the Grogan fraternity we are doing well, the Lord has been faithful in keeping us safe in the midst of a pandemic. As we thank God for guiding us to the end of another term and school year, it is our delight to share the term highlights with you.
Headteacher, Korogocho Grogan
Total Enrolled: 473 students
Total Unsponsored: 143 students
Sponsor a Child at Kariobangi Grogan
For $38/month, or roughly $1.25 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. Your sponsorship ensures that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Hope Transforms: A Success Story
Jack* just completed grade seven at our school. He, and his five siblings, live with their mother in the neighborhood and she relies on casual jobs to fend for her family.
When Covid-19 hit and schools were closed for a long time, Jack joined up with bad company and he became very hard-headed. He would not listen to his mother and would spend many hours with his newfound friends scouring the dumpsites for things to sell. With a few shillings in his pocket, Jack felt he was now able to take care of himself.
When schools resumed, Jack was nowhere to be found. His mother was not aware that he was skipping school since he would leave home early in the morning and come back in the evening. We combined our efforts to find out where he was spending his days and his school friends were eventually able to track him. Our headteacher and social workers talked to him about the importance of education but he was initially hesitant – more interested in making some money. We did not give up on him and eventually he came back to school and we noted a change in his attitude towards learning.
Over the last two terms, Jack has made a complete turnaround. His school attendance is regular, he comes to school looking neat and tidy and is very cooperative with his teachers. We have also noted an improvement in his studies and all his teachers are commenting on his positive behavior change.
We thank God for what He has done in Jack, who was once a soul heading in the wrong direction, but is now on the right track. Glory be to God!
- This term we gave great emphasis to the mentorship program. These are sessions we conducted with learners across all the classes, teaching them valuable life skills.
- We organized inter-class games as a way to help our students engage in co-curricular activities. It was a fun-filled time of good-natured competition amongst our learners.
- Pray that Grogan will finally have permanent buildings put up. This will enable us to cater to a greater number of students.
- Pray for good health for all our staff, pupils, parents and all community members.
- The covid pandemic has made life difficult for many of our parents who rely on casual jobs to support their families. Help us pray for them that they will be able to earn a living despite the prevailing circumstances.
Stay In the Know!
Join the MOHI email list to get updates and stay in the know: